Nov 30, 2011, 11:37 AM EDT
As if the Coyotes playing on the road in Winnipeg against the Jets wasn’t already going to be awkward enough, according to TSN it’s looking like we’ll also see Kyle Turris make his season debut for the Coyotes.
Turris, of course, is famous for holding out throughout the summer and into the start of the season after looking to sign a big restricted free agent deal with the Coyotes. After rumors about wanting to be traded and assorted other speculation, Turris finally signed a two-year deal.
Now he’ll be suiting up for a Coyotes team that’s done just fine without him in the lineup and he’s got a lot to prove. After a summer of really bad PR, it’s on Turris to show that he can assert himself and be the offensive powerhouse he thinks he is. If he can be the goal scoring and playmaking wunderkind he says he is, the Coyotes will welcome the added offense to their attack.
The last couple seasons has seen Turris get shuttled in and out of the lineup as he struggled to be consistent in Dave Tippett’s system. It’s time for Turris to put up or shut up.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 20
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 5
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 9
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 14
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)