Nov 30, 2011, 11:37 AM EDT
As if the Coyotes playing on the road in Winnipeg against the Jets wasn’t already going to be awkward enough, according to TSN it’s looking like we’ll also see Kyle Turris make his season debut for the Coyotes.
Turris, of course, is famous for holding out throughout the summer and into the start of the season after looking to sign a big restricted free agent deal with the Coyotes. After rumors about wanting to be traded and assorted other speculation, Turris finally signed a two-year deal.
Now he’ll be suiting up for a Coyotes team that’s done just fine without him in the lineup and he’s got a lot to prove. After a summer of really bad PR, it’s on Turris to show that he can assert himself and be the offensive powerhouse he thinks he is. If he can be the goal scoring and playmaking wunderkind he says he is, the Coyotes will welcome the added offense to their attack.
The last couple seasons has seen Turris get shuttled in and out of the lineup as he struggled to be consistent in Dave Tippett’s system. It’s time for Turris to put up or shut up.
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 7
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 34
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 147
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 15
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (146)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)