Nov 30, 2011, 11:37 AM EDT
As if the Coyotes playing on the road in Winnipeg against the Jets wasn’t already going to be awkward enough, according to TSN it’s looking like we’ll also see Kyle Turris make his season debut for the Coyotes.
Turris, of course, is famous for holding out throughout the summer and into the start of the season after looking to sign a big restricted free agent deal with the Coyotes. After rumors about wanting to be traded and assorted other speculation, Turris finally signed a two-year deal.
Now he’ll be suiting up for a Coyotes team that’s done just fine without him in the lineup and he’s got a lot to prove. After a summer of really bad PR, it’s on Turris to show that he can assert himself and be the offensive powerhouse he thinks he is. If he can be the goal scoring and playmaking wunderkind he says he is, the Coyotes will welcome the added offense to their attack.
The last couple seasons has seen Turris get shuttled in and out of the lineup as he struggled to be consistent in Dave Tippett’s system. It’s time for Turris to put up or shut up.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)