Nov 30, 2011, 11:37 AM EDT
As if the Coyotes playing on the road in Winnipeg against the Jets wasn’t already going to be awkward enough, according to TSN it’s looking like we’ll also see Kyle Turris make his season debut for the Coyotes.
Turris, of course, is famous for holding out throughout the summer and into the start of the season after looking to sign a big restricted free agent deal with the Coyotes. After rumors about wanting to be traded and assorted other speculation, Turris finally signed a two-year deal.
Now he’ll be suiting up for a Coyotes team that’s done just fine without him in the lineup and he’s got a lot to prove. After a summer of really bad PR, it’s on Turris to show that he can assert himself and be the offensive powerhouse he thinks he is. If he can be the goal scoring and playmaking wunderkind he says he is, the Coyotes will welcome the added offense to their attack.
The last couple seasons has seen Turris get shuttled in and out of the lineup as he struggled to be consistent in Dave Tippett’s system. It’s time for Turris to put up or shut up.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5