Nov 30, 2011, 11:37 AM EDT
As if the Coyotes playing on the road in Winnipeg against the Jets wasn’t already going to be awkward enough, according to TSN it’s looking like we’ll also see Kyle Turris make his season debut for the Coyotes.
Turris, of course, is famous for holding out throughout the summer and into the start of the season after looking to sign a big restricted free agent deal with the Coyotes. After rumors about wanting to be traded and assorted other speculation, Turris finally signed a two-year deal.
Now he’ll be suiting up for a Coyotes team that’s done just fine without him in the lineup and he’s got a lot to prove. After a summer of really bad PR, it’s on Turris to show that he can assert himself and be the offensive powerhouse he thinks he is. If he can be the goal scoring and playmaking wunderkind he says he is, the Coyotes will welcome the added offense to their attack.
The last couple seasons has seen Turris get shuttled in and out of the lineup as he struggled to be consistent in Dave Tippett’s system. It’s time for Turris to put up or shut up.
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 11
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 21
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 58
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (91)