Nov 30, 2011, 8:50 PM EDT
Judging by the makeup of this Flyers team, it’s not shocking that they aren’t looking to add Ryan, who grew up near Philly. Then again, there are plenty of reasons why it would make sense to go after Ryan, which shows how crazy it would be for the Anaheim Ducks to move him.
1. Ryan is three-time 30-goal scorer despite being just 24 years old.
3. Ryan sports a more-than-reasonable $5.15 million annual cap hit through the 2014-15 season.
4. Generally speaking, the Flyers love making splashy moves.
Those reasons could make any fan base excited, but the Flyers are reportedly balking at the asking price that might include James van Riemsdyk or Brayden Schenn. (One can imagine that Philly would need to throw another player in there anyway, considering their skimpy cap space.)
In an ideal world, Ryan would stay with the team that drafted him. As he said, it’s ultimately a business though, so we’ll see if the desperate Ducks really pull the trigger.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 27
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 26
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)