Nov 30, 2011, 8:50 PM EDT
Judging by the makeup of this Flyers team, it’s not shocking that they aren’t looking to add Ryan, who grew up near Philly. Then again, there are plenty of reasons why it would make sense to go after Ryan, which shows how crazy it would be for the Anaheim Ducks to move him.
1. Ryan is three-time 30-goal scorer despite being just 24 years old.
3. Ryan sports a more-than-reasonable $5.15 million annual cap hit through the 2014-15 season.
4. Generally speaking, the Flyers love making splashy moves.
Those reasons could make any fan base excited, but the Flyers are reportedly balking at the asking price that might include James van Riemsdyk or Brayden Schenn. (One can imagine that Philly would need to throw another player in there anyway, considering their skimpy cap space.)
In an ideal world, Ryan would stay with the team that drafted him. As he said, it’s ultimately a business though, so we’ll see if the desperate Ducks really pull the trigger.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 12
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 25
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)