Nov 30, 2011, 8:50 PM EDT
Judging by the makeup of this Flyers team, it’s not shocking that they aren’t looking to add Ryan, who grew up near Philly. Then again, there are plenty of reasons why it would make sense to go after Ryan, which shows how crazy it would be for the Anaheim Ducks to move him.
1. Ryan is three-time 30-goal scorer despite being just 24 years old.
3. Ryan sports a more-than-reasonable $5.15 million annual cap hit through the 2014-15 season.
4. Generally speaking, the Flyers love making splashy moves.
Those reasons could make any fan base excited, but the Flyers are reportedly balking at the asking price that might include James van Riemsdyk or Brayden Schenn. (One can imagine that Philly would need to throw another player in there anyway, considering their skimpy cap space.)
In an ideal world, Ryan would stay with the team that drafted him. As he said, it’s ultimately a business though, so we’ll see if the desperate Ducks really pull the trigger.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20