Nov 30, 2011, 8:50 PM EDT
Judging by the makeup of this Flyers team, it’s not shocking that they aren’t looking to add Ryan, who grew up near Philly. Then again, there are plenty of reasons why it would make sense to go after Ryan, which shows how crazy it would be for the Anaheim Ducks to move him.
1. Ryan is three-time 30-goal scorer despite being just 24 years old.
3. Ryan sports a more-than-reasonable $5.15 million annual cap hit through the 2014-15 season.
4. Generally speaking, the Flyers love making splashy moves.
Those reasons could make any fan base excited, but the Flyers are reportedly balking at the asking price that might include James van Riemsdyk or Brayden Schenn. (One can imagine that Philly would need to throw another player in there anyway, considering their skimpy cap space.)
In an ideal world, Ryan would stay with the team that drafted him. As he said, it’s ultimately a business though, so we’ll see if the desperate Ducks really pull the trigger.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 0
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 6
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 11
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 31
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 49
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 104
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 21
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (104)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)