Nov 30, 2011, 12:05 PM EST
The elbow/forearm shiver occurred late in the first period of Florida’s 3-1 win, and didn’t draw a penalty. What was drawn, though, was Versteeg’s ire. George Richards of the Miami Herald wrote that Steeger approached one of the referees at the intermission to question the non-call…and didn’t seem to care for the explanation given.
“Before going through the tunnel to the locker room, Versteeg chucked his stick in frustration,” Richards said.
Should be noted this is the second time in five days Shanahan has reviewed an unpenalized hit. Montreal Canadiens forward Max Pacioretty got a three-game suspension for a high hit on Pittsburgh’s Kris Letang — a hit that didn’t get whistled on the ice.
(For what it’s worth, both Versteeg and Letang had their noses mashed/bloodied. Perhaps Shanahan will take impending rhinoplasty into account when making his ruling.)
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 4
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 4
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)