Nov 30, 2011, 12:05 PM EDT
The elbow/forearm shiver occurred late in the first period of Florida’s 3-1 win, and didn’t draw a penalty. What was drawn, though, was Versteeg’s ire. George Richards of the Miami Herald wrote that Steeger approached one of the referees at the intermission to question the non-call…and didn’t seem to care for the explanation given.
“Before going through the tunnel to the locker room, Versteeg chucked his stick in frustration,” Richards said.
Should be noted this is the second time in five days Shanahan has reviewed an unpenalized hit. Montreal Canadiens forward Max Pacioretty got a three-game suspension for a high hit on Pittsburgh’s Kris Letang — a hit that didn’t get whistled on the ice.
(For what it’s worth, both Versteeg and Letang had their noses mashed/bloodied. Perhaps Shanahan will take impending rhinoplasty into account when making his ruling.)
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 5
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 37
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 89
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 4
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (171)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (94)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (89)