Nov 30, 2011, 12:05 PM EDT
The elbow/forearm shiver occurred late in the first period of Florida’s 3-1 win, and didn’t draw a penalty. What was drawn, though, was Versteeg’s ire. George Richards of the Miami Herald wrote that Steeger approached one of the referees at the intermission to question the non-call…and didn’t seem to care for the explanation given.
“Before going through the tunnel to the locker room, Versteeg chucked his stick in frustration,” Richards said.
Should be noted this is the second time in five days Shanahan has reviewed an unpenalized hit. Montreal Canadiens forward Max Pacioretty got a three-game suspension for a high hit on Pittsburgh’s Kris Letang — a hit that didn’t get whistled on the ice.
(For what it’s worth, both Versteeg and Letang had their noses mashed/bloodied. Perhaps Shanahan will take impending rhinoplasty into account when making his ruling.)
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 17
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 9
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54