Nov 30, 2011, 10:08 PM EDT
At this point, it’s getting tough to imagine this Boston Bruins team struggling in 2011-12. There’s no doubt that they were an embattled bunch early on in the season, though, but a 7-0 thrashing of the Toronto Maple Leafs helped turn things around. Despite a 6-3 score in tonight’s game, the Bruins didn’t crush the Leafs quite like they did in their other two meetings, but the bottom line is that Boston has Toronto’s number.
The Bruins also own the top spot in the Northeast Division because of this win, by the way.
The Bruins have outscored the Maple Leafs 19-3 while generating at least six goals in each contest. The good/bad news for Toronto is that they won’t have to wait weeks for their next chance at revenge; the two teams will play again in Boston on Saturday.
It’s too early to pencil Boston in for the division title or count Toronto out altogether, but the Buds might be concerned if they drop the upcoming weekend contest. They’re behind the Bruins and have played in two more games, so that Dec. 3 match is as “big” as it gets this early in the season.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 5
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 10
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 80
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (80)