Nov 29, 2011, 2:50 PM EDT
Every Tuesday at PHT, we’ll pump a player’s tire. Because every player likes it when nice things are said about them.
This week’s tire pumpee: Pavel Datsyuk, Detroit Red Wings
Datsyuk took a lot of heat while the Wings struggled through a six-game losing streak in late October and early November. And he didn’t play a whole lot better when the team started winning.
When asked two weeks ago how he was doing, Datsyuk said, “Awful. I don’t have anything. I need more be productive, need more shoot, need more be dangerous. Need more be dangerous.”
Datsyuk has more be better lately. More be much better.
In his last five games – all Detroit wins – Datsyuk has eight points while compiling a plus-5 rating.
“He’s playing real well, making plays, hanging on to the puck, dangling guys,” said defenseman Nicklas Lidstrom Friday after the Wings beat Boston, 3-2 in a shootout.
“It’s fun to see him play like that.”
Pavel Datsyuk, everyone.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 11
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 15
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 14
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5