Nov 29, 2011, 12:35 AM EDT
Much like Kari Lehtonen‘s groin injury, the word on Taylor Hall‘s left shoulder is a good news/bad news proposition. On the bright side, it doesn’t sound like something that will keep him out an extensive amount of time. The negative bit is that he will miss some games, though. The Edmonton Oilers report that Hall will miss two to four weeks with the problem.
If that’s right, then Hall’s return could come sometime between Dec. 15 (at Phoenix Coyotes) and Dec. 29 (at Minnesota Wild), although this is obviously a ballpark estimate. That isn’t a disaster for the Oil, but it is a shame since Hall has developed instant magic with fellow No. 1 overall draft pick Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.
Hall missed a chunk of last season after getting into an ill-advised fight, so this isn’t the first time that the attacking winger has been on the shelf for Edmonton. Naturally, we’ll keep you updated about his status because these situations can shift one way or another.
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 9
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 56
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call (64)
- Live Extra: Watch Bruins-Rangers, Game 3
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- Play Video: Time to play Pucktionary
- Play Video: Roenick not happy with call against Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Must-win Game 3 at MSG
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Cleary: 'We won't be exchanging Christmas cards'
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off