Nov 29, 2011, 12:35 AM EDT
Much like Kari Lehtonen‘s groin injury, the word on Taylor Hall‘s left shoulder is a good news/bad news proposition. On the bright side, it doesn’t sound like something that will keep him out an extensive amount of time. The negative bit is that he will miss some games, though. The Edmonton Oilers report that Hall will miss two to four weeks with the problem.
If that’s right, then Hall’s return could come sometime between Dec. 15 (at Phoenix Coyotes) and Dec. 29 (at Minnesota Wild), although this is obviously a ballpark estimate. That isn’t a disaster for the Oil, but it is a shame since Hall has developed instant magic with fellow No. 1 overall draft pick Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.
Hall missed a chunk of last season after getting into an ill-advised fight, so this isn’t the first time that the attacking winger has been on the shelf for Edmonton. Naturally, we’ll keep you updated about his status because these situations can shift one way or another.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 15
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)