Nov 29, 2011, 12:35 AM EDT
Much like Kari Lehtonen‘s groin injury, the word on Taylor Hall‘s left shoulder is a good news/bad news proposition. On the bright side, it doesn’t sound like something that will keep him out an extensive amount of time. The negative bit is that he will miss some games, though. The Edmonton Oilers report that Hall will miss two to four weeks with the problem.
If that’s right, then Hall’s return could come sometime between Dec. 15 (at Phoenix Coyotes) and Dec. 29 (at Minnesota Wild), although this is obviously a ballpark estimate. That isn’t a disaster for the Oil, but it is a shame since Hall has developed instant magic with fellow No. 1 overall draft pick Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.
Hall missed a chunk of last season after getting into an ill-advised fight, so this isn’t the first time that the attacking winger has been on the shelf for Edmonton. Naturally, we’ll keep you updated about his status because these situations can shift one way or another.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (60)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)