Nov 29, 2011, 12:35 AM EST
Much like Kari Lehtonen‘s groin injury, the word on Taylor Hall‘s left shoulder is a good news/bad news proposition. On the bright side, it doesn’t sound like something that will keep him out an extensive amount of time. The negative bit is that he will miss some games, though. The Edmonton Oilers report that Hall will miss two to four weeks with the problem.
If that’s right, then Hall’s return could come sometime between Dec. 15 (at Phoenix Coyotes) and Dec. 29 (at Minnesota Wild), although this is obviously a ballpark estimate. That isn’t a disaster for the Oil, but it is a shame since Hall has developed instant magic with fellow No. 1 overall draft pick Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.
Hall missed a chunk of last season after getting into an ill-advised fight, so this isn’t the first time that the attacking winger has been on the shelf for Edmonton. Naturally, we’ll keep you updated about his status because these situations can shift one way or another.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (70)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)