Nov 29, 2011, 12:35 AM EST
Much like Kari Lehtonen‘s groin injury, the word on Taylor Hall‘s left shoulder is a good news/bad news proposition. On the bright side, it doesn’t sound like something that will keep him out an extensive amount of time. The negative bit is that he will miss some games, though. The Edmonton Oilers report that Hall will miss two to four weeks with the problem.
If that’s right, then Hall’s return could come sometime between Dec. 15 (at Phoenix Coyotes) and Dec. 29 (at Minnesota Wild), although this is obviously a ballpark estimate. That isn’t a disaster for the Oil, but it is a shame since Hall has developed instant magic with fellow No. 1 overall draft pick Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.
Hall missed a chunk of last season after getting into an ill-advised fight, so this isn’t the first time that the attacking winger has been on the shelf for Edmonton. Naturally, we’ll keep you updated about his status because these situations can shift one way or another.
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 20
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 44
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)