Nov 29, 2011, 10:59 AM EDT
Problem here is that Jones didn’t come close to elbowing Geoffrion at all when he put him down behind the net.
Jones hit Geoffrion with a clean shoulder-to-shoulder check that saw the official get a bit too anxious and send him off for a major. That major then led to two soft make up calls against Nashville during the five minutes and turned that span of the game into a regular eye-rolling fiasco.
Thankfully, ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun reports that Jones will not see any further punishment from the league for the play. As for the play in question, check out the video here courtesy of The Score in Canada.
Sanity prevails off the ice even when it does not on the ice.
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)