Nov 29, 2011, 10:59 AM EDT
Problem here is that Jones didn’t come close to elbowing Geoffrion at all when he put him down behind the net.
Jones hit Geoffrion with a clean shoulder-to-shoulder check that saw the official get a bit too anxious and send him off for a major. That major then led to two soft make up calls against Nashville during the five minutes and turned that span of the game into a regular eye-rolling fiasco.
Thankfully, ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun reports that Jones will not see any further punishment from the league for the play. As for the play in question, check out the video here courtesy of The Score in Canada.
Sanity prevails off the ice even when it does not on the ice.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)