Nov 29, 2011, 10:59 AM EDT
Problem here is that Jones didn’t come close to elbowing Geoffrion at all when he put him down behind the net.
Jones hit Geoffrion with a clean shoulder-to-shoulder check that saw the official get a bit too anxious and send him off for a major. That major then led to two soft make up calls against Nashville during the five minutes and turned that span of the game into a regular eye-rolling fiasco.
Thankfully, ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun reports that Jones will not see any further punishment from the league for the play. As for the play in question, check out the video here courtesy of The Score in Canada.
Sanity prevails off the ice even when it does not on the ice.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40