Nov 29, 2011, 10:59 AM EDT
Problem here is that Jones didn’t come close to elbowing Geoffrion at all when he put him down behind the net.
Jones hit Geoffrion with a clean shoulder-to-shoulder check that saw the official get a bit too anxious and send him off for a major. That major then led to two soft make up calls against Nashville during the five minutes and turned that span of the game into a regular eye-rolling fiasco.
Thankfully, ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun reports that Jones will not see any further punishment from the league for the play. As for the play in question, check out the video here courtesy of The Score in Canada.
Sanity prevails off the ice even when it does not on the ice.
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 4
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 6
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 15
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight (Update: Game-time decision) 34
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 32
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 19
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 88
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 103
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)