Nov 29, 2011, 12:21 PM EDT
The only surprising part is that Wayne Gretzky didn’t step in sooner.
Alas, the Great One finally put his foot down, demanding his 22-year-old daughter, Paulina, shut down her Twitter account and stop posting racy photos of herself.
At least, that’s how we imagine it went down. There’s also the strong possibility Wayne broke down and begged his daughter to knock it off. Maybe even bribed her with a new car or pony.
“Having a nice sit down dinner with my dad about social media,” read her last tweet before @PaulinaGretzky was no more.
I suppose the only thing left to do now is for somebody to make one of those “I Will Remember You” tribute videos with a slideshow of her greatest Twitter pics. That would be really heartwarming.
(Seriously, if somebody could do that.)
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 3
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 23
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 38
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)