Nov 29, 2011, 12:21 PM EST
The only surprising part is that Wayne Gretzky didn’t step in sooner.
Alas, the Great One finally put his foot down, demanding his 22-year-old daughter, Paulina, shut down her Twitter account and stop posting racy photos of herself.
At least, that’s how we imagine it went down. There’s also the strong possibility Wayne broke down and begged his daughter to knock it off. Maybe even bribed her with a new car or pony.
“Having a nice sit down dinner with my dad about social media,” read her last tweet before @PaulinaGretzky was no more.
I suppose the only thing left to do now is for somebody to make one of those “I Will Remember You” tribute videos with a slideshow of her greatest Twitter pics. That would be really heartwarming.
(Seriously, if somebody could do that.)
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 38
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 15
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 81
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)