Nov 29, 2011, 5:29 PM EDT
Starting on Dec. 2, Chicago Blackhawks tough guy Dan Carcillo will host a new show on WGN Radio entitled “The Bomb Shelter.”
Yes, this is happening.
The one-hour program focuses on “Carcillo’s love of all kinds of music featuring song clips, musical history, personal anecdotes, special guests and more.” The debut show will feature Carcillo interviewing his father, Gino, about how his family emigrated from Italy to Canada, and feature some Italian music.
I assume the episode will end with a Carcillo mandolin duet.
Aside from weaving his family’s rich ethnic tapestry, the show will also feature Carcillo rocking out with his *tongue* out. A noted fan of Neil Young, Led Zeppelin, Johnny Cash, My Morning Jacket, The Black Keys, Bob Dylan, Arcade Fire, CCR, The Doors, Nirvana and the Rolling Stones, The Bomb Shelter promises to be the on-air embodiment of a freshman dorm room. (Minus the coffee table made out of a skateboard and two cinder blocks.)
“Daniel is such an interesting, multi-faceted person and this show will be a great way for fans to see a completely different side of his personality,” said Tom Langmyer, WGN Radio’s vice president & general manager, who worked with Carcillo in developing the show. “He’s a natural in the studio and his love of music, radio, playing drums, learning guitar and exploring Chicago will really connect with listeners.”
In closing, here’s an audio clip of Carcillo discussing Michael Jackson. Now there’s a sentence I never saw myself writing.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 41
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)