Nov 29, 2011, 12:35 PM EDT
Nodl was finding his way in and out of the lineup in Philly and with the Flyers running into both injury and salary cap issues lately, he was the odd man out on waivers. Luckily for him, the Hurricanes were in need of better depth at forward and it turns out they get a guy that will help them out defensively right away.
The Hurricanes are last in the league in goals allowed and Nodl’s specialty is as a defensive forward, especially on the penalty kill. The Canes’ PK is in the bottom third of the league and as you might expect, finding any way to give up fewer goals is a good thing. With Kirk Muller trying to change things around perhaps just a small move like this can go a long way. We’ll see how Kirk Muller can utilize him and the rest of the Canes lineup to turn things around in Carolina.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34