Nov 29, 2011, 12:35 PM EDT
Nodl was finding his way in and out of the lineup in Philly and with the Flyers running into both injury and salary cap issues lately, he was the odd man out on waivers. Luckily for him, the Hurricanes were in need of better depth at forward and it turns out they get a guy that will help them out defensively right away.
The Hurricanes are last in the league in goals allowed and Nodl’s specialty is as a defensive forward, especially on the penalty kill. The Canes’ PK is in the bottom third of the league and as you might expect, finding any way to give up fewer goals is a good thing. With Kirk Muller trying to change things around perhaps just a small move like this can go a long way. We’ll see how Kirk Muller can utilize him and the rest of the Canes lineup to turn things around in Carolina.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 15
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 14
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5