Nov 29, 2011, 8:50 PM EST
As Dale Hunter takes over behind the bench in Washington, his playing career has been well documented. Specifically, just about everyone has been reminded of the rather ugly incident back in the 1993 playoffs when Dale Hunter put his name in the hat for “dirtiest play of the last 20 years,” when he lit up Pierre Turgeon after a goal that effectively ended the Caps season.
Today, Stephen Whyno of the Washington Times got Turgeon’s thoughts on the Capitals’ most recent hire. His words may surprise you.
“That situation could’ve been a little different, but those things happen, and it happened. Then you move on,” Turgeon told the Washington Times. “There’s no grudge. I’m not holding anything against Dale. The only thing I could say is I wish him the best with Washington.”
For those who want a reminder, here’s what Turgeon was talking about when he said, ‘those things happen’:
Talk about a classy guy. Turgeon has more understanding than Mother Teresa at a shopping mall on Christmas Eve.
He went onto explain that he thinks the Caps will thrive under their new coach. “I’ve got the feeling he’s going to do very well. He’s been around hockey and he’s got a good hockey head,” Turgeon shared.
“I have no doubt he’s going to do well.”
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 0
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 3
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 16
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7