Nov 29, 2011, 8:50 PM EDT
As Dale Hunter takes over behind the bench in Washington, his playing career has been well documented. Specifically, just about everyone has been reminded of the rather ugly incident back in the 1993 playoffs when Dale Hunter put his name in the hat for “dirtiest play of the last 20 years,” when he lit up Pierre Turgeon after a goal that effectively ended the Caps season.
Today, Stephen Whyno of the Washington Times got Turgeon’s thoughts on the Capitals’ most recent hire. His words may surprise you.
“That situation could’ve been a little different, but those things happen, and it happened. Then you move on,” Turgeon told the Washington Times. “There’s no grudge. I’m not holding anything against Dale. The only thing I could say is I wish him the best with Washington.”
For those who want a reminder, here’s what Turgeon was talking about when he said, ‘those things happen’:
Talk about a classy guy. Turgeon has more understanding than Mother Teresa at a shopping mall on Christmas Eve.
He went onto explain that he thinks the Caps will thrive under their new coach. “I’ve got the feeling he’s going to do very well. He’s been around hockey and he’s got a good hockey head,” Turgeon shared.
“I have no doubt he’s going to do well.”
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 12
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 16
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 77
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 17
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (77)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)