Nov 29, 2011, 1:16 PM EST
The Denver Post’s Adrian Dater is getting a tad frustrated covering the struggling Colorado Avalanche. For proof, here’s the first paragraph of his game story from last night:
Well, that was three hours you and I will never get back. What a terrible hockey game tonight at the Pepsi Center, in front of the lowest crowd of the season (12,015). Just awful.
The Avs lost the game, 3-1, to the Dallas Stars. No surprise there. After a surprising 6-2-0 start to the season, Colorado has gone 4-11-1.
We’ve highlighted Dater’s work before on PHT. On Nov. 18, he ripped pretty much everything about the languishing franchise. But last night’s bluster took it to a whole new level. It’s really worth the read. Here’s another taste:
Now let’s talk about Paul Stastny. He was terrible tonight. One shot on net, no points, 43-percent on faceoffs. He was slow all night, got outworked on loose pucks along the boards and generally as noticeable as a scoop of vanilla ice cream in a 10-foot snowbank. There is probably a reason why the Avalanche didn’t give him the captaincy, despite being the team’s highest-paid player and one of its more tenured players. Because he’s not leading by example. Period, end of story.
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 3
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 33
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 63
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 31
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)