Nov 29, 2011, 1:16 PM EDT
The Denver Post’s Adrian Dater is getting a tad frustrated covering the struggling Colorado Avalanche. For proof, here’s the first paragraph of his game story from last night:
Well, that was three hours you and I will never get back. What a terrible hockey game tonight at the Pepsi Center, in front of the lowest crowd of the season (12,015). Just awful.
The Avs lost the game, 3-1, to the Dallas Stars. No surprise there. After a surprising 6-2-0 start to the season, Colorado has gone 4-11-1.
We’ve highlighted Dater’s work before on PHT. On Nov. 18, he ripped pretty much everything about the languishing franchise. But last night’s bluster took it to a whole new level. It’s really worth the read. Here’s another taste:
Now let’s talk about Paul Stastny. He was terrible tonight. One shot on net, no points, 43-percent on faceoffs. He was slow all night, got outworked on loose pucks along the boards and generally as noticeable as a scoop of vanilla ice cream in a 10-foot snowbank. There is probably a reason why the Avalanche didn’t give him the captaincy, despite being the team’s highest-paid player and one of its more tenured players. Because he’s not leading by example. Period, end of story.
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 5
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 24
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 35
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24