Nov 29, 2011, 1:16 PM EDT
The Denver Post’s Adrian Dater is getting a tad frustrated covering the struggling Colorado Avalanche. For proof, here’s the first paragraph of his game story from last night:
Well, that was three hours you and I will never get back. What a terrible hockey game tonight at the Pepsi Center, in front of the lowest crowd of the season (12,015). Just awful.
The Avs lost the game, 3-1, to the Dallas Stars. No surprise there. After a surprising 6-2-0 start to the season, Colorado has gone 4-11-1.
We’ve highlighted Dater’s work before on PHT. On Nov. 18, he ripped pretty much everything about the languishing franchise. But last night’s bluster took it to a whole new level. It’s really worth the read. Here’s another taste:
Now let’s talk about Paul Stastny. He was terrible tonight. One shot on net, no points, 43-percent on faceoffs. He was slow all night, got outworked on loose pucks along the boards and generally as noticeable as a scoop of vanilla ice cream in a 10-foot snowbank. There is probably a reason why the Avalanche didn’t give him the captaincy, despite being the team’s highest-paid player and one of its more tenured players. Because he’s not leading by example. Period, end of story.
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 7
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 6
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 31
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 53
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 83
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 9
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Pats' Hernandez questioned in murder case
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut