Nov 28, 2011, 9:31 PM EDT
With two embattled head coaches out the door on the same Monday, it’s only natural to wonder who else might be on the hot seat. Considering raised expectations and their last place spot in the Eastern Conference, the New York Islanders are one of the most obvious teams worthy of a mention. Some look of the vote of confidence as a hex, but owner Charles Wang gave this response to New York Newsday regarding whether or not he believes in GM Garth Snow and head coach Jack Capuano.
“Yes,” Wang said. “It’s like anything in life — you embark on this journey and you have people around you that you put your faith in. It’s not just about Garth — it’s up to all of us. This is a team game, a team sport.”
That team hasn’t gotten the job done for a long time, though. To be honest, Snow hasn’t been all-bad in his tenure as Islanders GM, but the bottom line is that the team isn’t progressing as many hoped. One has to think that Snow and Capuano aren’t on the longest leashes, but Wang and the Islanders do things their own way.
Maybe one of these years that way will actually produce some results.
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 12
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 19
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 35
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 13
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 122
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 15
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 64
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (122)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)