Nov 28, 2011, 9:31 PM EDT
With two embattled head coaches out the door on the same Monday, it’s only natural to wonder who else might be on the hot seat. Considering raised expectations and their last place spot in the Eastern Conference, the New York Islanders are one of the most obvious teams worthy of a mention. Some look of the vote of confidence as a hex, but owner Charles Wang gave this response to New York Newsday regarding whether or not he believes in GM Garth Snow and head coach Jack Capuano.
“Yes,” Wang said. “It’s like anything in life — you embark on this journey and you have people around you that you put your faith in. It’s not just about Garth — it’s up to all of us. This is a team game, a team sport.”
That team hasn’t gotten the job done for a long time, though. To be honest, Snow hasn’t been all-bad in his tenure as Islanders GM, but the bottom line is that the team isn’t progressing as many hoped. One has to think that Snow and Capuano aren’t on the longest leashes, but Wang and the Islanders do things their own way.
Maybe one of these years that way will actually produce some results.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 9
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 20
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 91
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 35
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (93)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)