Nov 28, 2011, 2:57 PM EDT
Some interesting stuff coming out of Buffalo Sabres practice this morning.
Second, Miller said he’s no longer sure if Lucic gave him a concussion.
“I feel good symptom wise,” Miller told the Buffalo News. “It was more neck and something where I aggravated a disc in my neck pretty good and we had an MRI and CT-scan showing that which kind of backed that up and was the source of a lot of the tension and a lot of the discomfort. It definitely was limiting my range of motion.”
The plan for Miller’s return is to take part as an extra goalie at Tuesday’s morning skate (Buffalo hosts the Islanders tomorrow), then hopefully practice fully on Wednesday — assuming he returns to the Sabres at all.
What’s that? A Ryan Miller trade rumor is making the rounds?
“We keep hearing that Buffalo Sabres goalie Ryan Miller is out with a concussion and wouldn’t mind if the Sabres traded him,” Matheson writes. “His wife is a California-based actress, but the Los Angeles Kings have Jonathan Quick between the pipes. The Anaheim Ducks have Jonas Hiller as their starter and the San Jose Sharks seem happy with Antti Niemi in net.”
Miller’s wife is Noureen DeWulf, who you can see in the upcoming hockey/comedy film Breakaway (starring Rob Lowe!)
So, are the claims legit? Can’t say. While I’m not refuting Matheson, I have to point out Edmonton has been ultra-sensitive to the “movie starlet makes hockey beau move to Hollywood”-thing ever since Janet Jones stole Wayne Gretzky away…23 years ago.
So do keep that in mind.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 4
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 35
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 8
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)