Nov 28, 2011, 2:57 PM EST
Some interesting stuff coming out of Buffalo Sabres practice this morning.
Second, Miller said he’s no longer sure if Lucic gave him a concussion.
“I feel good symptom wise,” Miller told the Buffalo News. “It was more neck and something where I aggravated a disc in my neck pretty good and we had an MRI and CT-scan showing that which kind of backed that up and was the source of a lot of the tension and a lot of the discomfort. It definitely was limiting my range of motion.”
The plan for Miller’s return is to take part as an extra goalie at Tuesday’s morning skate (Buffalo hosts the Islanders tomorrow), then hopefully practice fully on Wednesday — assuming he returns to the Sabres at all.
What’s that? A Ryan Miller trade rumor is making the rounds?
“We keep hearing that Buffalo Sabres goalie Ryan Miller is out with a concussion and wouldn’t mind if the Sabres traded him,” Matheson writes. “His wife is a California-based actress, but the Los Angeles Kings have Jonathan Quick between the pipes. The Anaheim Ducks have Jonas Hiller as their starter and the San Jose Sharks seem happy with Antti Niemi in net.”
Miller’s wife is Noureen DeWulf, who you can see in the upcoming hockey/comedy film Breakaway (starring Rob Lowe!)
So, are the claims legit? Can’t say. While I’m not refuting Matheson, I have to point out Edmonton has been ultra-sensitive to the “movie starlet makes hockey beau move to Hollywood”-thing ever since Janet Jones stole Wayne Gretzky away…23 years ago.
So do keep that in mind.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 0
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 73
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2