Nov 28, 2011, 8:19 PM EDT
There were a lot of surprises during the summer of 2011, but one of the most stunning developments came in what didn’t happen. Despite buckets of hype, Kirk Muller failed to land an NHL head coaching gig.
Instead, he settled for an assignment in the AHL with the Milwaukee Admirals. That ended up being the hockey equivalent of a dress rehearsal, though, as he only needed to wait 17 AHL games before the Carolina Hurricanes scooped him up. Read more about the hiring here, here and here or just watch the press conference to get a better feel for the former NHLer and new Canes coach.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 37
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 59
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1