Here’s New York’s Winter Classic jersey

Nov 28, 2011, 4:46 PM EDT

Earlier this afternoon, the New York Rangers revealed the retro-style jerseys they’d be wearing at the 2012 Bridgestone Winter Classic.

The shield featured in the middle is a 1940’s-era crest, as seen here.

source:

Quick take: Simple, but effective. Not the flashiest uniform on earth, but it’ll get the job done.

What do our beloved PHT readers think? Let us know in the comments section.

PHT Related: Philly’s Winter Classic jerseys, which Yerdon was drooling over.

1. nukeslovesit - Nov 28, 2011 at 4:46 PM

Kind of looks like something my 2 year old son would sketch out.

• bogrann - Nov 28, 2011 at 9:29 PM

your son must a be a really talented artist. Unlike all the new jerseys in the NHL , this one holds true to the classic design that most designers forget because they think they are the next picaso

2. lonespeed - Nov 28, 2011 at 4:52 PM

Looks like an old jersey you might throw out during spring cleaning.

3. Stiller43 - Nov 28, 2011 at 5:01 PM

Islanders much?

4. trigzter - Nov 28, 2011 at 5:06 PM

they are actually selling those things?

5. govtminion - Nov 28, 2011 at 5:07 PM

I like it. I really do. And I despise the Rangers as a general rule, so that says something. It looks very aged and antique, which it’s obvious was the idea. I wouldn’t want it as their regular away-whites, but for one game (maybe a few if they wear it for any games after the Classic) it’s a very cool jersey.

6. arsement - Nov 28, 2011 at 5:29 PM

WOW… these are awesome. I love simple, non-flamboyant sweaters and this captures the nostalgia of the old days… especially with the off-white tone.

Wish I was a Rangers fan so I could grab one… great sweater.

• hockeyfan1701 - Nov 28, 2011 at 6:18 PM

Yep, I agree

• bogrann - Nov 28, 2011 at 9:30 PM

well said.

7. pdmjr - Nov 28, 2011 at 5:45 PM

Pens fan here and I like it

8. blkeskimo1785 - Nov 28, 2011 at 6:19 PM

Eh.

9. 8man - Nov 28, 2011 at 6:21 PM

Looks good. Big fan of the shoe string collar. I’d like to see where the numbers are going and what color(s) they are before I give it a final thumbs up.

10. bcjim - Nov 28, 2011 at 7:22 PM

Ugh. Looks like the gear I put on to change my oil.

11. bertilfox - Nov 28, 2011 at 7:38 PM

Count me as another fan. The current Ranger unis, while classic, are way too busy. I also like the shield logo….very old school. They are better than the dark blue alternates that they recently wore.

12. chaseutley - Nov 28, 2011 at 8:46 PM

I’m a Flyers fan. Anything with that logo on it sucks by definition and as long as it absorbs the majority of Sean Avery’s blood, it’ll do.

That said, the sweater has a conservative, old school feel to it which is pretty much what you’re looking for in a Winter Classic jersey. I’ll give it a qualified vote of approval.

13. dabutcha114 - Nov 28, 2011 at 8:56 PM

Wow that jersey is awful. I just threw up in my mouth.

14. crankyfrankie - Nov 28, 2011 at 11:13 PM

Nice clean look. As long as they stick with shadow numbers that the rangers are famous for well done. BTW hate the rangers a lot but it is a good looking sweater.

Top 10 NHL Player Searches