Nov 28, 2011, 6:42 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators have lost four straight games. The last three defeats have been outright losses by a combined score of 13-5.
Tonight the Preds are in Edmonton to take on the Oilers, after which they’ll travel to Calgary for a game tomorrow. Then, on Thursday, they’ll play for the third time in four nights against the Canucks in Vancouver.
In other words, things could easily get worse for Nashville before they get better.
“We’re an easy team to play against right now,” forward Patric Hornqvist told the Tennessean today. “We know what we have to do and we have to show it — come out like a new group of guys, take the puck deep, hold onto it and hopefully create some cycles and be hard to check.”
Nobody needs to tell Preds fans how important this season is. Even with goalie Pekka Rinne signed for the long run, it’s still up in the air whether Ryan Suter or Shea Weber will be part of the team for much longer.
Obviously it’s still early in the schedule, but the next three games are key ones for the Predators. They’re already three points out of a playoff spot and they don’t want that gap to grow too wide, especially while they’re negotiating with Suter.
Just something to keep an eye on this week.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 0
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 12
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 10
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 20
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 41
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)