Nov 28, 2011, 6:26 PM EDT
Another day, another chapter in the Sidney Crosby-Bryan Murray feud.
Crosby elbowed Foligno in the head in response to Foligno running goalie Marc-Andre Fleury — at least that’s what Crosby and Bylsma accused Foligno of. Those accusations led to Murray lambasting the Pittsburgh pair with a long-winded (and amusing) tirade.
Today, it was Crosby’s chance to respond.
“It’s ridiculous,” he told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “It’s a play that happens in every game. I guess that it’s me, it’s dissected and analyzed a hundred times more. I really think they’re making something out of nothing. If they want to keep beating it around, they can. I don’t have anything else to say about it. I think it’s ridiculous we’re still talking about it three days later to be honest with you.”
This isn’t the first instance of a Crosby-Murray beef. The two engaged in an on-ice yelling match back in 2007, when Murray was Ottawa’s head coach and Crosby a second-year player.
Reminded of that, Crosby said, “He’s been doing that since my first year so that’s nothing new.”
Like we mentioned yesterday, the Pens and Sens meet again on Dec. 16 at Scotiabank Place. Might wanna mark that one down on the ol’ calendar.
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 0
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 14
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 13
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)