Nov 28, 2011, 6:26 PM EDT
Another day, another chapter in the Sidney Crosby-Bryan Murray feud.
Crosby elbowed Foligno in the head in response to Foligno running goalie Marc-Andre Fleury — at least that’s what Crosby and Bylsma accused Foligno of. Those accusations led to Murray lambasting the Pittsburgh pair with a long-winded (and amusing) tirade.
Today, it was Crosby’s chance to respond.
“It’s ridiculous,” he told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “It’s a play that happens in every game. I guess that it’s me, it’s dissected and analyzed a hundred times more. I really think they’re making something out of nothing. If they want to keep beating it around, they can. I don’t have anything else to say about it. I think it’s ridiculous we’re still talking about it three days later to be honest with you.”
This isn’t the first instance of a Crosby-Murray beef. The two engaged in an on-ice yelling match back in 2007, when Murray was Ottawa’s head coach and Crosby a second-year player.
Reminded of that, Crosby said, “He’s been doing that since my first year so that’s nothing new.”
Like we mentioned yesterday, the Pens and Sens meet again on Dec. 16 at Scotiabank Place. Might wanna mark that one down on the ol’ calendar.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (70)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)