Nov 28, 2011, 6:26 PM EST
Another day, another chapter in the Sidney Crosby-Bryan Murray feud.
Crosby elbowed Foligno in the head in response to Foligno running goalie Marc-Andre Fleury — at least that’s what Crosby and Bylsma accused Foligno of. Those accusations led to Murray lambasting the Pittsburgh pair with a long-winded (and amusing) tirade.
Today, it was Crosby’s chance to respond.
“It’s ridiculous,” he told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “It’s a play that happens in every game. I guess that it’s me, it’s dissected and analyzed a hundred times more. I really think they’re making something out of nothing. If they want to keep beating it around, they can. I don’t have anything else to say about it. I think it’s ridiculous we’re still talking about it three days later to be honest with you.”
This isn’t the first instance of a Crosby-Murray beef. The two engaged in an on-ice yelling match back in 2007, when Murray was Ottawa’s head coach and Crosby a second-year player.
Reminded of that, Crosby said, “He’s been doing that since my first year so that’s nothing new.”
Like we mentioned yesterday, the Pens and Sens meet again on Dec. 16 at Scotiabank Place. Might wanna mark that one down on the ol’ calendar.
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 6
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 5
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 7
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 21
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 20
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 7
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)