Nov 28, 2011, 6:26 PM EDT
Another day, another chapter in the Sidney Crosby-Bryan Murray feud.
Crosby elbowed Foligno in the head in response to Foligno running goalie Marc-Andre Fleury — at least that’s what Crosby and Bylsma accused Foligno of. Those accusations led to Murray lambasting the Pittsburgh pair with a long-winded (and amusing) tirade.
Today, it was Crosby’s chance to respond.
“It’s ridiculous,” he told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “It’s a play that happens in every game. I guess that it’s me, it’s dissected and analyzed a hundred times more. I really think they’re making something out of nothing. If they want to keep beating it around, they can. I don’t have anything else to say about it. I think it’s ridiculous we’re still talking about it three days later to be honest with you.”
This isn’t the first instance of a Crosby-Murray beef. The two engaged in an on-ice yelling match back in 2007, when Murray was Ottawa’s head coach and Crosby a second-year player.
Reminded of that, Crosby said, “He’s been doing that since my first year so that’s nothing new.”
Like we mentioned yesterday, the Pens and Sens meet again on Dec. 16 at Scotiabank Place. Might wanna mark that one down on the ol’ calendar.
- In praise of John Tavares 5
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 18
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 12
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 54
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31