Nov 28, 2011, 11:08 PM EST
The Vancouver Canucks (and most of all, Cory Schneider) are red-hot right now. Oddly enough, Alexander Edler‘s slump has coincided with much of the Canucks’ great run, although injuries might be a big factor. (Maybe it’s part of being a Vancouver Canucks defenseman, as the group must view injuries as a rite of passage.)
Either way, after leaving Saturday’s game early after a Jamie McGinn hit, Edler said that he should play against the Columbus Blue Jackets on Tuesday. That will give Edler a great chance to break a seven-game scoreless streak, as he started the season with 16 points in 16 games.
It’s not exactly an exhilarating video, but if you want a little more from Edler on his upper-body injury, here’s a clip of him discussing that subject.
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 1
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 0
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 9
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 42
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 45