Nov 27, 2011, 8:30 AM EDT
I cannot say that Brett Hull is definitively the best St. Louis Blues player ever. In fact, he might not even have been the best of his generation. Yet when I think of the ’90s-era Blues, his blistering one-timer is the first thing that pops into my head. Hull received the statue treatment recently to cement his impact on the past, but Jeremy Rutherford reports that he might make his own imprint on the future by becoming a partial owner.
Hull reportedly expressed interest to become part of Tim Stillman’s group, which hopes to buy the team from Dave Checketts. Stillman is currently a minority owner of the Blues.
Better yet, Hull wants to become involved with the team in a way that goes beyond “investor,” according to Rutherford. (Insert “Ambassador of Fun” joke here.)
Naturally, none of this is official; Rutherford received the usual round of “no comment” answers when he asked Hull & Co. It seemed like Matt Hulsizer was the frontrunner to become the majority owner of the Blues, but this development could throw an interesting bit of intrigue into the situation.
If it’s true, of course. Read more about it here.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 9
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 16
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 25
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 29
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)