Nov 27, 2011, 8:30 AM EDT
I cannot say that Brett Hull is definitively the best St. Louis Blues player ever. In fact, he might not even have been the best of his generation. Yet when I think of the ’90s-era Blues, his blistering one-timer is the first thing that pops into my head. Hull received the statue treatment recently to cement his impact on the past, but Jeremy Rutherford reports that he might make his own imprint on the future by becoming a partial owner.
Hull reportedly expressed interest to become part of Tim Stillman’s group, which hopes to buy the team from Dave Checketts. Stillman is currently a minority owner of the Blues.
Better yet, Hull wants to become involved with the team in a way that goes beyond “investor,” according to Rutherford. (Insert “Ambassador of Fun” joke here.)
Naturally, none of this is official; Rutherford received the usual round of “no comment” answers when he asked Hull & Co. It seemed like Matt Hulsizer was the frontrunner to become the majority owner of the Blues, but this development could throw an interesting bit of intrigue into the situation.
If it’s true, of course. Read more about it here.
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 23
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 9
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 18
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)