Nov 27, 2011, 8:30 AM EST
I cannot say that Brett Hull is definitively the best St. Louis Blues player ever. In fact, he might not even have been the best of his generation. Yet when I think of the ’90s-era Blues, his blistering one-timer is the first thing that pops into my head. Hull received the statue treatment recently to cement his impact on the past, but Jeremy Rutherford reports that he might make his own imprint on the future by becoming a partial owner.
Hull reportedly expressed interest to become part of Tim Stillman’s group, which hopes to buy the team from Dave Checketts. Stillman is currently a minority owner of the Blues.
Better yet, Hull wants to become involved with the team in a way that goes beyond “investor,” according to Rutherford. (Insert “Ambassador of Fun” joke here.)
Naturally, none of this is official; Rutherford received the usual round of “no comment” answers when he asked Hull & Co. It seemed like Matt Hulsizer was the frontrunner to become the majority owner of the Blues, but this development could throw an interesting bit of intrigue into the situation.
If it’s true, of course. Read more about it here.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 29
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)