Nov 27, 2011, 8:30 AM EST
I cannot say that Brett Hull is definitively the best St. Louis Blues player ever. In fact, he might not even have been the best of his generation. Yet when I think of the ’90s-era Blues, his blistering one-timer is the first thing that pops into my head. Hull received the statue treatment recently to cement his impact on the past, but Jeremy Rutherford reports that he might make his own imprint on the future by becoming a partial owner.
Hull reportedly expressed interest to become part of Tim Stillman’s group, which hopes to buy the team from Dave Checketts. Stillman is currently a minority owner of the Blues.
Better yet, Hull wants to become involved with the team in a way that goes beyond “investor,” according to Rutherford. (Insert “Ambassador of Fun” joke here.)
Naturally, none of this is official; Rutherford received the usual round of “no comment” answers when he asked Hull & Co. It seemed like Matt Hulsizer was the frontrunner to become the majority owner of the Blues, but this development could throw an interesting bit of intrigue into the situation.
If it’s true, of course. Read more about it here.
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 72
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (72)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)