Nov 26, 2011, 10:50 PM EDT
In the scariest scene of an injury-ravaged Saturday night, Detroit Red Wings forward Patrick Eaves left the ice on a stretcher during a game against the Nashville Predators. The unsettling moment happened after Predators defenseman Roman Josi‘s slap shot caught him in the ear.
The Red Wings report that Eaves has been taken to the hospital, but didn’t provide further updates. Eaves had just returned to action for Detroit after being a healthy scratch.
It must have been an unnerving situation for Josi, as well; he was participating in his first NHL game.
That’s a horrifying accident, but hopefully Eaves won’t deal with major issues from a moment of incredibly bad luck. Click here for video of the unnerving incident.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 9
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 27
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)