Nov 26, 2011, 10:50 PM EDT
In the scariest scene of an injury-ravaged Saturday night, Detroit Red Wings forward Patrick Eaves left the ice on a stretcher during a game against the Nashville Predators. The unsettling moment happened after Predators defenseman Roman Josi‘s slap shot caught him in the ear.
The Red Wings report that Eaves has been taken to the hospital, but didn’t provide further updates. Eaves had just returned to action for Detroit after being a healthy scratch.
It must have been an unnerving situation for Josi, as well; he was participating in his first NHL game.
That’s a horrifying accident, but hopefully Eaves won’t deal with major issues from a moment of incredibly bad luck. Click here for video of the unnerving incident.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 38
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 52
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 41
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 75
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 34
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 45
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)