Nov 26, 2011, 10:50 PM EST
In the scariest scene of an injury-ravaged Saturday night, Detroit Red Wings forward Patrick Eaves left the ice on a stretcher during a game against the Nashville Predators. The unsettling moment happened after Predators defenseman Roman Josi‘s slap shot caught him in the ear.
The Red Wings report that Eaves has been taken to the hospital, but didn’t provide further updates. Eaves had just returned to action for Detroit after being a healthy scratch.
It must have been an unnerving situation for Josi, as well; he was participating in his first NHL game.
That’s a horrifying accident, but hopefully Eaves won’t deal with major issues from a moment of incredibly bad luck. Click here for video of the unnerving incident.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)