Nov 26, 2011, 10:50 PM EDT
In the scariest scene of an injury-ravaged Saturday night, Detroit Red Wings forward Patrick Eaves left the ice on a stretcher during a game against the Nashville Predators. The unsettling moment happened after Predators defenseman Roman Josi‘s slap shot caught him in the ear.
The Red Wings report that Eaves has been taken to the hospital, but didn’t provide further updates. Eaves had just returned to action for Detroit after being a healthy scratch.
It must have been an unnerving situation for Josi, as well; he was participating in his first NHL game.
That’s a horrifying accident, but hopefully Eaves won’t deal with major issues from a moment of incredibly bad luck. Click here for video of the unnerving incident.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 35
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 32
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35