Nov 26, 2011, 10:50 PM EDT
In the scariest scene of an injury-ravaged Saturday night, Detroit Red Wings forward Patrick Eaves left the ice on a stretcher during a game against the Nashville Predators. The unsettling moment happened after Predators defenseman Roman Josi‘s slap shot caught him in the ear.
The Red Wings report that Eaves has been taken to the hospital, but didn’t provide further updates. Eaves had just returned to action for Detroit after being a healthy scratch.
It must have been an unnerving situation for Josi, as well; he was participating in his first NHL game.
That’s a horrifying accident, but hopefully Eaves won’t deal with major issues from a moment of incredibly bad luck. Click here for video of the unnerving incident.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)