Nov 26, 2011, 3:44 PM EDT
If you’ve been sitting at home pining to see the return of Roberto Luongo in goal, you might want to clutch your Luongo Canucks jersey a little tighter.
Cory Schneider is getting the start once again tonight for Vancouver against the Sharks. Schneider earned a shutout last night against Phoenix and Alain Vigneault is sticking with the hot hand. Hey why not, he’s said it’s a “no brainer” move after all. This makes five straight starts now for Schneider.
Luongo being healthy enough to play hasn’t been the issue lately, instead it’s Vancouver shaking off their playoff hangover and getting things right again. Schneider shutting teams out and playing great in goal makes the decision easy, but at some point Luongo’s got to get it going.
Canucks fans clamoring for Schneider to start have been getting their wishes fulfilled of late but the fact is, Luongo is their man and getting him back in form is the key for Vancouver. It’ll happen eventually, but the battle lines are drawn amongst the fan base. Team Cory and Team Roberto is about as weird of a “Twilight” comparison as you’ll ever see.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32