Nov 26, 2011, 3:44 PM EDT
If you’ve been sitting at home pining to see the return of Roberto Luongo in goal, you might want to clutch your Luongo Canucks jersey a little tighter.
Cory Schneider is getting the start once again tonight for Vancouver against the Sharks. Schneider earned a shutout last night against Phoenix and Alain Vigneault is sticking with the hot hand. Hey why not, he’s said it’s a “no brainer” move after all. This makes five straight starts now for Schneider.
Luongo being healthy enough to play hasn’t been the issue lately, instead it’s Vancouver shaking off their playoff hangover and getting things right again. Schneider shutting teams out and playing great in goal makes the decision easy, but at some point Luongo’s got to get it going.
Canucks fans clamoring for Schneider to start have been getting their wishes fulfilled of late but the fact is, Luongo is their man and getting him back in form is the key for Vancouver. It’ll happen eventually, but the battle lines are drawn amongst the fan base. Team Cory and Team Roberto is about as weird of a “Twilight” comparison as you’ll ever see.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 5
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 20
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 26
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20