Nov 26, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
Seeing Jaromir Jagr return to the NHL this season has been fun to see. After all, getting a future Hall Of Famer to come back to the NHL after a few seasons abroad is good for getting the game here some attention. Even better still, Jagr says that his comeback this season won’t just be a one year thing.
CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio gets the word from Jagr that while he’s not talking about a contract extension with the Flyers as of yet, things are going well enough in his return to action that he’s not even contemplating being done with hockey after this season. Jagr says that being a mentor to younger players and the thrill of the playoff chase in the NHL are things he can’t just give up so easily.
After all, at 39 years-old you couldn’t blame Jagr if he wanted to hang it up after coming back this season but with the success of other 40+ year-old players like Teemu Selanne and Nicklas Lidstrom, you can’t blame Jagr at all for thinking big. It’s pretty clear that he can still play and play very well in spite of his age.
Of course, that choice to keep playing could all hinge upon his health or perhaps even the Flyers winning a Stanley Cup. For now though, we’ll celebrate the fact that Jagr won’t just be done with the game after this season.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 9
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)