Nov 26, 2011, 2:51 PM EST
Injuries are always going to happen during the season, but the Sabres are probably wondering what graveyard the First Niagara Center is built on. Buffalo will be without Robyn Regehr and another unknown forward tonight against Washington thanks to separate injuries.
With those two out of action that brings the Sabres injury tally up to nine players. The list of those out for Buffalo is just mind-boggling: Regehr, Ryan Miller, Tyler Myers, Tyler Ennis, Brad Boyes, Cody McCormick, Mike Weber, Patrick Kaleta, and the mystery ninth player.
All of a sudden, Buffalo’s blowout loss to Columbus makes a lot more sense.
With that kind of manpower on the sidelines, the Sabres are desperately going to need their remaining top players to carry the load. Thomas Vanek and Jason Pominville have been great this year but if ever there was a time for Ville Leino to get his game figured out this is it. Injuries always seem to hurt the Sabres at the worst times, but they’ve never had this many at once.
For now, the Sabres might want to invest in an exorcist or a shaman to help rid them of this injury hex.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)