Nov 26, 2011, 2:51 PM EST
Injuries are always going to happen during the season, but the Sabres are probably wondering what graveyard the First Niagara Center is built on. Buffalo will be without Robyn Regehr and another unknown forward tonight against Washington thanks to separate injuries.
With those two out of action that brings the Sabres injury tally up to nine players. The list of those out for Buffalo is just mind-boggling: Regehr, Ryan Miller, Tyler Myers, Tyler Ennis, Brad Boyes, Cody McCormick, Mike Weber, Patrick Kaleta, and the mystery ninth player.
All of a sudden, Buffalo’s blowout loss to Columbus makes a lot more sense.
With that kind of manpower on the sidelines, the Sabres are desperately going to need their remaining top players to carry the load. Thomas Vanek and Jason Pominville have been great this year but if ever there was a time for Ville Leino to get his game figured out this is it. Injuries always seem to hurt the Sabres at the worst times, but they’ve never had this many at once.
For now, the Sabres might want to invest in an exorcist or a shaman to help rid them of this injury hex.
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 21
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) 36
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 58
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 33
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 56
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 165
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (165)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand (58)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)