Nov 26, 2011, 2:51 PM EDT
Injuries are always going to happen during the season, but the Sabres are probably wondering what graveyard the First Niagara Center is built on. Buffalo will be without Robyn Regehr and another unknown forward tonight against Washington thanks to separate injuries.
With those two out of action that brings the Sabres injury tally up to nine players. The list of those out for Buffalo is just mind-boggling: Regehr, Ryan Miller, Tyler Myers, Tyler Ennis, Brad Boyes, Cody McCormick, Mike Weber, Patrick Kaleta, and the mystery ninth player.
All of a sudden, Buffalo’s blowout loss to Columbus makes a lot more sense.
With that kind of manpower on the sidelines, the Sabres are desperately going to need their remaining top players to carry the load. Thomas Vanek and Jason Pominville have been great this year but if ever there was a time for Ville Leino to get his game figured out this is it. Injuries always seem to hurt the Sabres at the worst times, but they’ve never had this many at once.
For now, the Sabres might want to invest in an exorcist or a shaman to help rid them of this injury hex.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 10
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 21
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 23
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)