Nov 26, 2011, 7:44 PM EDT
Officially speaking, Dallas Stars captain Brenden Morrow is on the injured reserve because of an upper-body injury. As Mark Stepneski and many others have pointed out, he’s dealing with a litany of ailments, though: a cranky knee (the same one he surgically repaired), an infected elbow and what might be an issue with his back.
That’s the downside to Morrow’s physical style of play, though. The 32-year-old forward isn’t shy about going to the dirty areas of the ice and that takes its toll. After scoring a career-high 33 goals in 2010-11, he only has three tallies in 20 games so far. The Stars likely hope that sitting out at least four games (Morrow missed two already) could help him return to his borderline All-Star form.
The word is that he could be back on Thursday against the Ottawa Senators.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 4
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 30
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 8
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)