Nov 26, 2011, 7:44 PM EDT
Officially speaking, Dallas Stars captain Brenden Morrow is on the injured reserve because of an upper-body injury. As Mark Stepneski and many others have pointed out, he’s dealing with a litany of ailments, though: a cranky knee (the same one he surgically repaired), an infected elbow and what might be an issue with his back.
That’s the downside to Morrow’s physical style of play, though. The 32-year-old forward isn’t shy about going to the dirty areas of the ice and that takes its toll. After scoring a career-high 33 goals in 2010-11, he only has three tallies in 20 games so far. The Stars likely hope that sitting out at least four games (Morrow missed two already) could help him return to his borderline All-Star form.
The word is that he could be back on Thursday against the Ottawa Senators.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (59)