Nov 26, 2011, 7:44 PM EST
Officially speaking, Dallas Stars captain Brenden Morrow is on the injured reserve because of an upper-body injury. As Mark Stepneski and many others have pointed out, he’s dealing with a litany of ailments, though: a cranky knee (the same one he surgically repaired), an infected elbow and what might be an issue with his back.
That’s the downside to Morrow’s physical style of play, though. The 32-year-old forward isn’t shy about going to the dirty areas of the ice and that takes its toll. After scoring a career-high 33 goals in 2010-11, he only has three tallies in 20 games so far. The Stars likely hope that sitting out at least four games (Morrow missed two already) could help him return to his borderline All-Star form.
The word is that he could be back on Thursday against the Ottawa Senators.
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 1
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 27
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 18
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 44
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15