Nov 26, 2011, 7:44 PM EDT
Officially speaking, Dallas Stars captain Brenden Morrow is on the injured reserve because of an upper-body injury. As Mark Stepneski and many others have pointed out, he’s dealing with a litany of ailments, though: a cranky knee (the same one he surgically repaired), an infected elbow and what might be an issue with his back.
That’s the downside to Morrow’s physical style of play, though. The 32-year-old forward isn’t shy about going to the dirty areas of the ice and that takes its toll. After scoring a career-high 33 goals in 2010-11, he only has three tallies in 20 games so far. The Stars likely hope that sitting out at least four games (Morrow missed two already) could help him return to his borderline All-Star form.
The word is that he could be back on Thursday against the Ottawa Senators.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6