Nov 25, 2011, 12:45 PM EDT
Deveaux sitting out the next three games means that the Rangers will be going without his overly physical presence on the fourth line and likely seeing one of either Carl Hagelin or John Mitchell take his spot there. Both players were called up yesterday from the AHL.
The suspension for Deveaux falls in line with just about everything that Shanahan is trying to eliminate from the game. Needless elbow to the head going through open ice with direct contact to the head. Yeah, that’ll get you a banning.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 32
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 15
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 57
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1