Nov 25, 2011, 12:45 PM EDT
Deveaux sitting out the next three games means that the Rangers will be going without his overly physical presence on the fourth line and likely seeing one of either Carl Hagelin or John Mitchell take his spot there. Both players were called up yesterday from the AHL.
The suspension for Deveaux falls in line with just about everything that Shanahan is trying to eliminate from the game. Needless elbow to the head going through open ice with direct contact to the head. Yeah, that’ll get you a banning.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50