Nov 25, 2011, 3:02 PM EDT
No one is immune to injuries on the Flyers apparently. According to Flyers GM Paul Holmgren, rising star forward James van Riemsdyk will be out for the next 1-2 weeks with what they’re calling an upper body injury.
The Flyers have had their hands full in dealing with injuries this season. Chris Pronger, Brayden Schenn, Braydon Coburn and Jaromir Jagr have all had issues of varying degrees this season and they’ve been able to find their way through it all to stay at or near the top of the Eastern Conference. Not a bad deal for a team that’s sneakily deep with talent.
As you might recall, van Riemsdyk signed a big contract extension over the summer after having a breakout in the playoffs last season. To this point, van Riemsdyk has been a bit slow to get going but with eight goals and 16 points now, he had just gotten things rolling. Getting an unwanted vacation now makes it tough on him and the Flyers. How he bounces back will be worth keeping an eye on.
- Subban, Habs can’t agree to terms before arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 19
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 63
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 8
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 31
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)