Nov 25, 2011, 3:02 PM EDT
No one is immune to injuries on the Flyers apparently. According to Flyers GM Paul Holmgren, rising star forward James van Riemsdyk will be out for the next 1-2 weeks with what they’re calling an upper body injury.
The Flyers have had their hands full in dealing with injuries this season. Chris Pronger, Brayden Schenn, Braydon Coburn and Jaromir Jagr have all had issues of varying degrees this season and they’ve been able to find their way through it all to stay at or near the top of the Eastern Conference. Not a bad deal for a team that’s sneakily deep with talent.
As you might recall, van Riemsdyk signed a big contract extension over the summer after having a breakout in the playoffs last season. To this point, van Riemsdyk has been a bit slow to get going but with eight goals and 16 points now, he had just gotten things rolling. Getting an unwanted vacation now makes it tough on him and the Flyers. How he bounces back will be worth keeping an eye on.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 35
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 98
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 87
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 19
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (98)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (87)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)