Nov 25, 2011, 3:02 PM EDT
No one is immune to injuries on the Flyers apparently. According to Flyers GM Paul Holmgren, rising star forward James van Riemsdyk will be out for the next 1-2 weeks with what they’re calling an upper body injury.
The Flyers have had their hands full in dealing with injuries this season. Chris Pronger, Brayden Schenn, Braydon Coburn and Jaromir Jagr have all had issues of varying degrees this season and they’ve been able to find their way through it all to stay at or near the top of the Eastern Conference. Not a bad deal for a team that’s sneakily deep with talent.
As you might recall, van Riemsdyk signed a big contract extension over the summer after having a breakout in the playoffs last season. To this point, van Riemsdyk has been a bit slow to get going but with eight goals and 16 points now, he had just gotten things rolling. Getting an unwanted vacation now makes it tough on him and the Flyers. How he bounces back will be worth keeping an eye on.
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 4
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 22
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)