Nov 25, 2011, 3:02 PM EST
No one is immune to injuries on the Flyers apparently. According to Flyers GM Paul Holmgren, rising star forward James van Riemsdyk will be out for the next 1-2 weeks with what they’re calling an upper body injury.
The Flyers have had their hands full in dealing with injuries this season. Chris Pronger, Brayden Schenn, Braydon Coburn and Jaromir Jagr have all had issues of varying degrees this season and they’ve been able to find their way through it all to stay at or near the top of the Eastern Conference. Not a bad deal for a team that’s sneakily deep with talent.
As you might recall, van Riemsdyk signed a big contract extension over the summer after having a breakout in the playoffs last season. To this point, van Riemsdyk has been a bit slow to get going but with eight goals and 16 points now, he had just gotten things rolling. Getting an unwanted vacation now makes it tough on him and the Flyers. How he bounces back will be worth keeping an eye on.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)