Nov 25, 2011, 3:02 PM EST
No one is immune to injuries on the Flyers apparently. According to Flyers GM Paul Holmgren, rising star forward James van Riemsdyk will be out for the next 1-2 weeks with what they’re calling an upper body injury.
The Flyers have had their hands full in dealing with injuries this season. Chris Pronger, Brayden Schenn, Braydon Coburn and Jaromir Jagr have all had issues of varying degrees this season and they’ve been able to find their way through it all to stay at or near the top of the Eastern Conference. Not a bad deal for a team that’s sneakily deep with talent.
As you might recall, van Riemsdyk signed a big contract extension over the summer after having a breakout in the playoffs last season. To this point, van Riemsdyk has been a bit slow to get going but with eight goals and 16 points now, he had just gotten things rolling. Getting an unwanted vacation now makes it tough on him and the Flyers. How he bounces back will be worth keeping an eye on.
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 20
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 8
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 14
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 31
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 17
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 99
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)