Nov 25, 2011, 12:25 PM EST
Blake Comeau can pack his bags for Calgary as the Flames have claimed him on waivers. The former Islanders forward is coming off a season that saw him score 24 goals but he struggled mightily this season on Long Island.
In need of an apparent change of scenery, the Isles tried to move him before this unable to find a trading partner. Putting him on waivers gave Comeau the chance to land somewhere else and that somewhere else is Calgary. There Comeau will rejoin his former World Juniors coach Brett Sutter. If someone can help Comeau find his game, Sutter is as good a choice as any and that’s something Flames GM Jay Feaster was likely banking on.
The other upside for Calgary is that they were able to get a 25 year-old forward who could find his game once again and help spark a Flames team in desperate need of something to help them out. If Comeau can find that 20-goal scoring nose for the net again, it’s a great pickup.
If Comeau continues to not help produce at all (he has zero points this year) then it’ll just be more of the same lack of production in Calgary.
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 56
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 19
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 127
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (57)