Nov 25, 2011, 12:25 PM EDT
Blake Comeau can pack his bags for Calgary as the Flames have claimed him on waivers. The former Islanders forward is coming off a season that saw him score 24 goals but he struggled mightily this season on Long Island.
In need of an apparent change of scenery, the Isles tried to move him before this unable to find a trading partner. Putting him on waivers gave Comeau the chance to land somewhere else and that somewhere else is Calgary. There Comeau will rejoin his former World Juniors coach Brett Sutter. If someone can help Comeau find his game, Sutter is as good a choice as any and that’s something Flames GM Jay Feaster was likely banking on.
The other upside for Calgary is that they were able to get a 25 year-old forward who could find his game once again and help spark a Flames team in desperate need of something to help them out. If Comeau can find that 20-goal scoring nose for the net again, it’s a great pickup.
If Comeau continues to not help produce at all (he has zero points this year) then it’ll just be more of the same lack of production in Calgary.
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 0
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 16
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 8
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 8
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 17
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 31
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 23
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 25
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)