Nov 25, 2011, 12:25 PM EDT
Blake Comeau can pack his bags for Calgary as the Flames have claimed him on waivers. The former Islanders forward is coming off a season that saw him score 24 goals but he struggled mightily this season on Long Island.
In need of an apparent change of scenery, the Isles tried to move him before this unable to find a trading partner. Putting him on waivers gave Comeau the chance to land somewhere else and that somewhere else is Calgary. There Comeau will rejoin his former World Juniors coach Brett Sutter. If someone can help Comeau find his game, Sutter is as good a choice as any and that’s something Flames GM Jay Feaster was likely banking on.
The other upside for Calgary is that they were able to get a 25 year-old forward who could find his game once again and help spark a Flames team in desperate need of something to help them out. If Comeau can find that 20-goal scoring nose for the net again, it’s a great pickup.
If Comeau continues to not help produce at all (he has zero points this year) then it’ll just be more of the same lack of production in Calgary.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 0
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 11
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 18
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 13
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 7
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)