Nov 24, 2011, 4:31 PM EST
You know it’s a slow news day when…
The Globe and Mail is reporting the Toronto Maple Leafs will attend today’s football game between Dallas and Miami at Cowboys Stadium.
Jonas Gustavsson likes the Mavericks by a home run.
“It’s been a while since I’ve seen an NFL game,” Toronto coach Ron Wilson said. “I haven’t been in this stadium. I saw a few 49er games when I was [coaching] in San Jose and that was always fun. This will be neat.”
Wilson actually had a pretty funny line about forward Mikhail Grabovski attending the game: “That’s a Belarusian tradition – sitting down and having turkey and watching the Dallas Cowboys play. So now he gets to do it live.”
The Leafs play the Stars Friday, then finish their four-game trip Sunday in Anaheim.
James Reimer practiced for the first time today since suffering his non-concussion-with-concussion-like symptoms, but Wilson says his starting goalie is still “probably 10 days or so away.”
Then, in typical Wilson fashion, he added, “This is the last day I’m going to talk about it until he’s ready to play. When we want him to go in there, we want him to be 100 per cent in terms of stopping the puck.”
Tune in tomorrow when Wilson says, “I thought I told you I wasn’t going to talk about Reimer anymore. Why do you keep asking me about him?”
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4