Nov 24, 2011, 4:31 PM EDT
You know it’s a slow news day when…
The Globe and Mail is reporting the Toronto Maple Leafs will attend today’s football game between Dallas and Miami at Cowboys Stadium.
Jonas Gustavsson likes the Mavericks by a home run.
“It’s been a while since I’ve seen an NFL game,” Toronto coach Ron Wilson said. “I haven’t been in this stadium. I saw a few 49er games when I was [coaching] in San Jose and that was always fun. This will be neat.”
Wilson actually had a pretty funny line about forward Mikhail Grabovski attending the game: “That’s a Belarusian tradition – sitting down and having turkey and watching the Dallas Cowboys play. So now he gets to do it live.”
The Leafs play the Stars Friday, then finish their four-game trip Sunday in Anaheim.
James Reimer practiced for the first time today since suffering his non-concussion-with-concussion-like symptoms, but Wilson says his starting goalie is still “probably 10 days or so away.”
Then, in typical Wilson fashion, he added, “This is the last day I’m going to talk about it until he’s ready to play. When we want him to go in there, we want him to be 100 per cent in terms of stopping the puck.”
Tune in tomorrow when Wilson says, “I thought I told you I wasn’t going to talk about Reimer anymore. Why do you keep asking me about him?”
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 5
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 14
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13