Nov 24, 2011, 8:19 PM EDT
The NHL decided not to fine or suspend Winnipeg Jets defenseman Zach Bogosian for his check on Washington Capitals center Cody Eakin. The league decided that although Bogosian’s hit connected with Eakin’s head, the Capitals forward changed the direction of his body shortly before the check landed, so it wasn’t a case of headhunting. Bogosian did not receive a penalty in the game for the hit, for what it’s worth.
How do you feel about the league’s decision, though? Here’s video for your own perusal.
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 4
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 14
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31