Nov 24, 2011, 8:19 PM EDT
The NHL decided not to fine or suspend Winnipeg Jets defenseman Zach Bogosian for his check on Washington Capitals center Cody Eakin. The league decided that although Bogosian’s hit connected with Eakin’s head, the Capitals forward changed the direction of his body shortly before the check landed, so it wasn’t a case of headhunting. Bogosian did not receive a penalty in the game for the hit, for what it’s worth.
How do you feel about the league’s decision, though? Here’s video for your own perusal.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5