Nov 24, 2011, 8:19 PM EDT
The NHL decided not to fine or suspend Winnipeg Jets defenseman Zach Bogosian for his check on Washington Capitals center Cody Eakin. The league decided that although Bogosian’s hit connected with Eakin’s head, the Capitals forward changed the direction of his body shortly before the check landed, so it wasn’t a case of headhunting. Bogosian did not receive a penalty in the game for the hit, for what it’s worth.
How do you feel about the league’s decision, though? Here’s video for your own perusal.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 5
- In praise of John Tavares 13
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 20
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36