Nov 24, 2011, 3:12 PM EDT
We’ve discussed doing NHL power rankings on PHT, but they take a lot of work, so every once in a while we’ll link to someone else’s power rankings and comment on those instead.
Today, we’re discussing Dave Lozo’s “Super 16” rankings at NHL.com.
3. San Jose
9. NY Rangers
15. Los Angeles
A few thoughts:
—-I guess you have to put Minnesota No. 2 given it has the most points in the NHL. Amazing considering the Wild have the league’s third worst offense. This can’t possibly last, can it?
—-I’d put Florida ahead of Chicago. The Panthers have the same number of points as the Blackhawks and they haven’t been outscored 15-4 in their last three games.
—-I’d have the Blues on there. St. Louis is 5-1-2 under Ken Hitchcock and just beat the Pens in Pittsburgh.
—-Toronto and Edmonton were the only two Canadian teams to make the cut. The world is upside down.
—-Many of you will be disappointed to learn the Canucks are on pace to be on the list soon – Vancouver is 5-2-0 in its last seven. Tough games on Friday and Saturday though. In Phoenix, then in San Jose. Could easily lose both. Luongo’s fault if that happens.
—-No New Jersey, but the Devils are quietly 7-2-1 in their last 10.
—-No Nashville either. The Preds have dropped three straight and wouldn’t make the playoffs if they started today. Wonder what Ryan Suter thinks about that.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 9
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 13
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 29
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 8
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)