Nov 24, 2011, 3:12 PM EST
We’ve discussed doing NHL power rankings on PHT, but they take a lot of work, so every once in a while we’ll link to someone else’s power rankings and comment on those instead.
Today, we’re discussing Dave Lozo’s “Super 16” rankings at NHL.com.
3. San Jose
9. NY Rangers
15. Los Angeles
A few thoughts:
—-I guess you have to put Minnesota No. 2 given it has the most points in the NHL. Amazing considering the Wild have the league’s third worst offense. This can’t possibly last, can it?
—-I’d put Florida ahead of Chicago. The Panthers have the same number of points as the Blackhawks and they haven’t been outscored 15-4 in their last three games.
—-I’d have the Blues on there. St. Louis is 5-1-2 under Ken Hitchcock and just beat the Pens in Pittsburgh.
—-Toronto and Edmonton were the only two Canadian teams to make the cut. The world is upside down.
—-Many of you will be disappointed to learn the Canucks are on pace to be on the list soon – Vancouver is 5-2-0 in its last seven. Tough games on Friday and Saturday though. In Phoenix, then in San Jose. Could easily lose both. Luongo’s fault if that happens.
—-No New Jersey, but the Devils are quietly 7-2-1 in their last 10.
—-No Nashville either. The Preds have dropped three straight and wouldn’t make the playoffs if they started today. Wonder what Ryan Suter thinks about that.
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 9
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 23
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 8
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 34
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)