Nov 24, 2011, 3:12 PM EST
We’ve discussed doing NHL power rankings on PHT, but they take a lot of work, so every once in a while we’ll link to someone else’s power rankings and comment on those instead.
Today, we’re discussing Dave Lozo’s “Super 16” rankings at NHL.com.
3. San Jose
9. NY Rangers
15. Los Angeles
A few thoughts:
—-I guess you have to put Minnesota No. 2 given it has the most points in the NHL. Amazing considering the Wild have the league’s third worst offense. This can’t possibly last, can it?
—-I’d put Florida ahead of Chicago. The Panthers have the same number of points as the Blackhawks and they haven’t been outscored 15-4 in their last three games.
—-I’d have the Blues on there. St. Louis is 5-1-2 under Ken Hitchcock and just beat the Pens in Pittsburgh.
—-Toronto and Edmonton were the only two Canadian teams to make the cut. The world is upside down.
—-Many of you will be disappointed to learn the Canucks are on pace to be on the list soon – Vancouver is 5-2-0 in its last seven. Tough games on Friday and Saturday though. In Phoenix, then in San Jose. Could easily lose both. Luongo’s fault if that happens.
—-No New Jersey, but the Devils are quietly 7-2-1 in their last 10.
—-No Nashville either. The Preds have dropped three straight and wouldn’t make the playoffs if they started today. Wonder what Ryan Suter thinks about that.
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 0
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 0
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 6
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 38
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 45