Nov 24, 2011, 3:12 PM EDT
We’ve discussed doing NHL power rankings on PHT, but they take a lot of work, so every once in a while we’ll link to someone else’s power rankings and comment on those instead.
Today, we’re discussing Dave Lozo’s “Super 16” rankings at NHL.com.
3. San Jose
9. NY Rangers
15. Los Angeles
A few thoughts:
—-I guess you have to put Minnesota No. 2 given it has the most points in the NHL. Amazing considering the Wild have the league’s third worst offense. This can’t possibly last, can it?
—-I’d put Florida ahead of Chicago. The Panthers have the same number of points as the Blackhawks and they haven’t been outscored 15-4 in their last three games.
—-I’d have the Blues on there. St. Louis is 5-1-2 under Ken Hitchcock and just beat the Pens in Pittsburgh.
—-Toronto and Edmonton were the only two Canadian teams to make the cut. The world is upside down.
—-Many of you will be disappointed to learn the Canucks are on pace to be on the list soon – Vancouver is 5-2-0 in its last seven. Tough games on Friday and Saturday though. In Phoenix, then in San Jose. Could easily lose both. Luongo’s fault if that happens.
—-No New Jersey, but the Devils are quietly 7-2-1 in their last 10.
—-No Nashville either. The Preds have dropped three straight and wouldn’t make the playoffs if they started today. Wonder what Ryan Suter thinks about that.
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 0
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 16
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 8
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 8
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 17
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 31
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 23
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 25
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)