Nov 24, 2011, 11:29 PM EDT
The last time the Boston Bruins faced Detroit on NBC, the Red Wings swept the second game of a home-and-home series by a score of 4-2. A lot has changed since Sunday, February 13, but let’s take a look at some interesting tidbits from that contest.
- Joe wrote that the loss “may force Boston to make a move to improve their ability to move the puck from the blue line.” Of course, the Bruins did just that by trading for Tomas Kaberle, even if the results weren’t as sterling as they hoped.
- Tyler Seguin and Brad Marchand raced the Bruins off to a 2-1 lead. Did that provide some foreshadowing for the playoffs and the 2011-12 season in particular?
- In the “notable players who aren’t there anymore” department: Blake Wheeler and Brian Rafalski recorded assists for their respective teams.
- Todd Bertuzzi scored two goals against the Bruins in that match, yet the hulking winger only has one tally in 14 games so far this season.
Both teams were contenders at that point last season, but tomorrow’s game provides a juicier storyline: the Red Wings have a chance to end the Bruins’ scalding-hot run at 10 wins in a row. If that’s not enough to wrap up your frenzied Black Friday shopping, then you’re a difficult hockey fan to please.
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 26
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 14
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 30
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 24
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 18
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 20
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 75
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 103
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 20
- Official: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 33
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (103)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement