Nov 24, 2011, 11:29 PM EDT
The last time the Boston Bruins faced Detroit on NBC, the Red Wings swept the second game of a home-and-home series by a score of 4-2. A lot has changed since Sunday, February 13, but let’s take a look at some interesting tidbits from that contest.
- Joe wrote that the loss “may force Boston to make a move to improve their ability to move the puck from the blue line.” Of course, the Bruins did just that by trading for Tomas Kaberle, even if the results weren’t as sterling as they hoped.
- Tyler Seguin and Brad Marchand raced the Bruins off to a 2-1 lead. Did that provide some foreshadowing for the playoffs and the 2011-12 season in particular?
- In the “notable players who aren’t there anymore” department: Blake Wheeler and Brian Rafalski recorded assists for their respective teams.
- Todd Bertuzzi scored two goals against the Bruins in that match, yet the hulking winger only has one tally in 14 games so far this season.
Both teams were contenders at that point last season, but tomorrow’s game provides a juicier storyline: the Red Wings have a chance to end the Bruins’ scalding-hot run at 10 wins in a row. If that’s not enough to wrap up your frenzied Black Friday shopping, then you’re a difficult hockey fan to please.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 4
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 26
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 18
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 60
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)