Nov 24, 2011, 11:29 PM EST
The last time the Boston Bruins faced Detroit on NBC, the Red Wings swept the second game of a home-and-home series by a score of 4-2. A lot has changed since Sunday, February 13, but let’s take a look at some interesting tidbits from that contest.
- Joe wrote that the loss “may force Boston to make a move to improve their ability to move the puck from the blue line.” Of course, the Bruins did just that by trading for Tomas Kaberle, even if the results weren’t as sterling as they hoped.
- Tyler Seguin and Brad Marchand raced the Bruins off to a 2-1 lead. Did that provide some foreshadowing for the playoffs and the 2011-12 season in particular?
- In the “notable players who aren’t there anymore” department: Blake Wheeler and Brian Rafalski recorded assists for their respective teams.
- Todd Bertuzzi scored two goals against the Bruins in that match, yet the hulking winger only has one tally in 14 games so far this season.
Both teams were contenders at that point last season, but tomorrow’s game provides a juicier storyline: the Red Wings have a chance to end the Bruins’ scalding-hot run at 10 wins in a row. If that’s not enough to wrap up your frenzied Black Friday shopping, then you’re a difficult hockey fan to please.
- Wounded Wing: Howard (MCL sprain) out 2-4 weeks 1
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 45
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 27
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 46
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 22
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 85
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)