Nov 24, 2011, 8:45 AM EDT
Jaromir Jagr‘s early exit in last night’s Flyers overtime win over the Islanders is thanks to the same groin injury that kept him out of action before last night. While that groin injury cost him two games, the re-aggravation of it is going to cost him two more this weekend.
CSNPhilly’s Tim Panaccio finds out from Jagr that the groin injury is to the same one he hurt last week and Jagr fears that he may have come back to action too quickly. The lure of potentially lighting up the Islanders is truly a dangerous siren’s song too powerful to resist.
Groin injuries are very annoying for players to deal with and a pain of a different sort to get figured out once you have one. It’s too easy to get re-injured (as Jagr found out last night) and making sure it’s totally healthy can be tricky to get figured out. For Jagr, being 39 years-old doesn’t help much there. Getting older like that is frustrating.
With the Flyers having five days off after they play on Saturday, it’ll give Jagr a little over a week to rest it and see where he’s at.
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 41
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 17
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 16
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 36
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 96
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead