Nov 24, 2011, 8:45 AM EDT
Jaromir Jagr‘s early exit in last night’s Flyers overtime win over the Islanders is thanks to the same groin injury that kept him out of action before last night. While that groin injury cost him two games, the re-aggravation of it is going to cost him two more this weekend.
CSNPhilly’s Tim Panaccio finds out from Jagr that the groin injury is to the same one he hurt last week and Jagr fears that he may have come back to action too quickly. The lure of potentially lighting up the Islanders is truly a dangerous siren’s song too powerful to resist.
Groin injuries are very annoying for players to deal with and a pain of a different sort to get figured out once you have one. It’s too easy to get re-injured (as Jagr found out last night) and making sure it’s totally healthy can be tricky to get figured out. For Jagr, being 39 years-old doesn’t help much there. Getting older like that is frustrating.
With the Flyers having five days off after they play on Saturday, it’ll give Jagr a little over a week to rest it and see where he’s at.
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 33
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 5
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 31
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 98
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)