Nov 24, 2011, 8:45 AM EDT
Jaromir Jagr‘s early exit in last night’s Flyers overtime win over the Islanders is thanks to the same groin injury that kept him out of action before last night. While that groin injury cost him two games, the re-aggravation of it is going to cost him two more this weekend.
CSNPhilly’s Tim Panaccio finds out from Jagr that the groin injury is to the same one he hurt last week and Jagr fears that he may have come back to action too quickly. The lure of potentially lighting up the Islanders is truly a dangerous siren’s song too powerful to resist.
Groin injuries are very annoying for players to deal with and a pain of a different sort to get figured out once you have one. It’s too easy to get re-injured (as Jagr found out last night) and making sure it’s totally healthy can be tricky to get figured out. For Jagr, being 39 years-old doesn’t help much there. Getting older like that is frustrating.
With the Flyers having five days off after they play on Saturday, it’ll give Jagr a little over a week to rest it and see where he’s at.
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 4
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)