Nov 24, 2011, 8:45 AM EDT
Jaromir Jagr‘s early exit in last night’s Flyers overtime win over the Islanders is thanks to the same groin injury that kept him out of action before last night. While that groin injury cost him two games, the re-aggravation of it is going to cost him two more this weekend.
CSNPhilly’s Tim Panaccio finds out from Jagr that the groin injury is to the same one he hurt last week and Jagr fears that he may have come back to action too quickly. The lure of potentially lighting up the Islanders is truly a dangerous siren’s song too powerful to resist.
Groin injuries are very annoying for players to deal with and a pain of a different sort to get figured out once you have one. It’s too easy to get re-injured (as Jagr found out last night) and making sure it’s totally healthy can be tricky to get figured out. For Jagr, being 39 years-old doesn’t help much there. Getting older like that is frustrating.
With the Flyers having five days off after they play on Saturday, it’ll give Jagr a little over a week to rest it and see where he’s at.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 70
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)