Nov 24, 2011, 8:45 AM EDT
Jaromir Jagr‘s early exit in last night’s Flyers overtime win over the Islanders is thanks to the same groin injury that kept him out of action before last night. While that groin injury cost him two games, the re-aggravation of it is going to cost him two more this weekend.
CSNPhilly’s Tim Panaccio finds out from Jagr that the groin injury is to the same one he hurt last week and Jagr fears that he may have come back to action too quickly. The lure of potentially lighting up the Islanders is truly a dangerous siren’s song too powerful to resist.
Groin injuries are very annoying for players to deal with and a pain of a different sort to get figured out once you have one. It’s too easy to get re-injured (as Jagr found out last night) and making sure it’s totally healthy can be tricky to get figured out. For Jagr, being 39 years-old doesn’t help much there. Getting older like that is frustrating.
With the Flyers having five days off after they play on Saturday, it’ll give Jagr a little over a week to rest it and see where he’s at.
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 19
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)