Nov 24, 2011, 1:53 PM EDT
Just a reminder there’s a rather compelling NHL game Friday afternoon between the Boston Bruins and Detroit Red Wings (1 p.m. ET, NBC). You should totally watch it.
And while we’re at it, don’t forget to tune in to “National Treasure: Book of Secrets” at 8/7c on NBC. The Village Voice raves about the adventure film starring Nicolas Cage, calling it “a moderately pleasing diversion.”
As for the hockey game, you couldn’t ask for much more in November. The Bruins have won 10 in a row and host a Red Wings side that’s won three straight and seven of its last nine.
“We’re facing the defending Stanley Cup champions,” said Detroit defenseman Nicklas Lidstrom. “It’ll be a fun game to play, especially when you play them in their building. It’s going to be hyped up.”
You should also watch “Christmas in Rockefeller Center” at 8/7c on Nov. 30. (I believe it’s on NBC.)
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 12
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 36
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6