Nov 24, 2011, 9:26 AM EDT
Brendan Shanahan doesn’t sleep, he waits. It’s no holiday for the league’s disciplinarian as he’ll have a pair of meetings today to decide if punishment needs to be doled out. Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos reports that Rangers forward Andre Deveaux and Jets defenseman Zach Bogosian will meet with Shanahan today about separate incidents.
Deveaux will be speaking with Shanahan today about his wicked elbowing incident with Tomas Fleischmann of the Panthers last night. Deveaux will almost certainly be suspended for this ugly play that put Fleischmann down on the ice bleeding from the mouth (pictured). Expect punishment to be severe for this one. For what it’s worth, Deveaux said it was purely unintentional.
Bogosian caught Capitals rookie Cody Eakin with a check delivered to the head. The hit didn’t earn the attention that Deveaux’s play did, but it landed on Shanahan’s radar and that’s all it takes to get an invitation for a meeting. Bogosian will speak with Shanahan at 1 p.m. ET while Deveaux talks to Shanahan at 2 p.m.
Here’s video of Bogosian’s hit on Eakin courtesy of the Caps’ website.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 19
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 14
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 32
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 45
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 50
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 28
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10