Nov 24, 2011, 9:26 AM EDT
Brendan Shanahan doesn’t sleep, he waits. It’s no holiday for the league’s disciplinarian as he’ll have a pair of meetings today to decide if punishment needs to be doled out. Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos reports that Rangers forward Andre Deveaux and Jets defenseman Zach Bogosian will meet with Shanahan today about separate incidents.
Deveaux will be speaking with Shanahan today about his wicked elbowing incident with Tomas Fleischmann of the Panthers last night. Deveaux will almost certainly be suspended for this ugly play that put Fleischmann down on the ice bleeding from the mouth (pictured). Expect punishment to be severe for this one. For what it’s worth, Deveaux said it was purely unintentional.
Bogosian caught Capitals rookie Cody Eakin with a check delivered to the head. The hit didn’t earn the attention that Deveaux’s play did, but it landed on Shanahan’s radar and that’s all it takes to get an invitation for a meeting. Bogosian will speak with Shanahan at 1 p.m. ET while Deveaux talks to Shanahan at 2 p.m.
Here’s video of Bogosian’s hit on Eakin courtesy of the Caps’ website.
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 9
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 21
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 12
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)