Nov 24, 2011, 9:26 AM EDT
Brendan Shanahan doesn’t sleep, he waits. It’s no holiday for the league’s disciplinarian as he’ll have a pair of meetings today to decide if punishment needs to be doled out. Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos reports that Rangers forward Andre Deveaux and Jets defenseman Zach Bogosian will meet with Shanahan today about separate incidents.
Deveaux will be speaking with Shanahan today about his wicked elbowing incident with Tomas Fleischmann of the Panthers last night. Deveaux will almost certainly be suspended for this ugly play that put Fleischmann down on the ice bleeding from the mouth (pictured). Expect punishment to be severe for this one. For what it’s worth, Deveaux said it was purely unintentional.
Bogosian caught Capitals rookie Cody Eakin with a check delivered to the head. The hit didn’t earn the attention that Deveaux’s play did, but it landed on Shanahan’s radar and that’s all it takes to get an invitation for a meeting. Bogosian will speak with Shanahan at 1 p.m. ET while Deveaux talks to Shanahan at 2 p.m.
Here’s video of Bogosian’s hit on Eakin courtesy of the Caps’ website.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 70
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5