Nov 24, 2011, 9:26 AM EDT
Brendan Shanahan doesn’t sleep, he waits. It’s no holiday for the league’s disciplinarian as he’ll have a pair of meetings today to decide if punishment needs to be doled out. Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos reports that Rangers forward Andre Deveaux and Jets defenseman Zach Bogosian will meet with Shanahan today about separate incidents.
Deveaux will be speaking with Shanahan today about his wicked elbowing incident with Tomas Fleischmann of the Panthers last night. Deveaux will almost certainly be suspended for this ugly play that put Fleischmann down on the ice bleeding from the mouth (pictured). Expect punishment to be severe for this one. For what it’s worth, Deveaux said it was purely unintentional.
Bogosian caught Capitals rookie Cody Eakin with a check delivered to the head. The hit didn’t earn the attention that Deveaux’s play did, but it landed on Shanahan’s radar and that’s all it takes to get an invitation for a meeting. Bogosian will speak with Shanahan at 1 p.m. ET while Deveaux talks to Shanahan at 2 p.m.
Here’s video of Bogosian’s hit on Eakin courtesy of the Caps’ website.
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 0
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 11
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 24
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22