Nov 24, 2011, 9:26 AM EDT
Brendan Shanahan doesn’t sleep, he waits. It’s no holiday for the league’s disciplinarian as he’ll have a pair of meetings today to decide if punishment needs to be doled out. Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos reports that Rangers forward Andre Deveaux and Jets defenseman Zach Bogosian will meet with Shanahan today about separate incidents.
Deveaux will be speaking with Shanahan today about his wicked elbowing incident with Tomas Fleischmann of the Panthers last night. Deveaux will almost certainly be suspended for this ugly play that put Fleischmann down on the ice bleeding from the mouth (pictured). Expect punishment to be severe for this one. For what it’s worth, Deveaux said it was purely unintentional.
Bogosian caught Capitals rookie Cody Eakin with a check delivered to the head. The hit didn’t earn the attention that Deveaux’s play did, but it landed on Shanahan’s radar and that’s all it takes to get an invitation for a meeting. Bogosian will speak with Shanahan at 1 p.m. ET while Deveaux talks to Shanahan at 2 p.m.
Here’s video of Bogosian’s hit on Eakin courtesy of the Caps’ website.
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 2
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 66
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)