Nov 23, 2011, 2:07 PM EDT
On Friday, the Chicago Blackhawks lost 5-2 in Calgary. On Saturday, they lost 9-2 in Edmonton. After that, they partied in Las Vegas.
OK, the timing wasn’t great, but what was Joel Quenneville supposed to do? Cancel Vegas? You don’t cancel Vegas. That’s how mutinies start.
Chicago continues its six-game road trip tonight in San Jose against the red-hot Sharks. Will the Blackhawks be refreshed and ready to go?
‘Hawks forward Patrick Kane has experience balancing an active social life with playing hockey for a living. What does he think?
“We had our fun, and these last few games make you want to play even more,” Kane told CSNChicago.com. “We’ll come out with a pretty good effort (in San Jose), way better than the last two.”
Marian Hossa concurred: “We had that time to rethink, recharge and get our working boots on again.”
You know, I’ve lost a pile of money, eaten prime rib at 5am, and tried to get into the wrong hotel room for 20 minutes in Vegas, but I can’t say I’ve ever “recharged” in that place.
Maybe Hossa went to Napa instead.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 5
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 103
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 49
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 17
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63