Nov 23, 2011, 2:07 PM EST
On Friday, the Chicago Blackhawks lost 5-2 in Calgary. On Saturday, they lost 9-2 in Edmonton. After that, they partied in Las Vegas.
OK, the timing wasn’t great, but what was Joel Quenneville supposed to do? Cancel Vegas? You don’t cancel Vegas. That’s how mutinies start.
Chicago continues its six-game road trip tonight in San Jose against the red-hot Sharks. Will the Blackhawks be refreshed and ready to go?
‘Hawks forward Patrick Kane has experience balancing an active social life with playing hockey for a living. What does he think?
“We had our fun, and these last few games make you want to play even more,” Kane told CSNChicago.com. “We’ll come out with a pretty good effort (in San Jose), way better than the last two.”
Marian Hossa concurred: “We had that time to rethink, recharge and get our working boots on again.”
You know, I’ve lost a pile of money, eaten prime rib at 5am, and tried to get into the wrong hotel room for 20 minutes in Vegas, but I can’t say I’ve ever “recharged” in that place.
Maybe Hossa went to Napa instead.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35