Nov 23, 2011, 2:07 PM EST
On Friday, the Chicago Blackhawks lost 5-2 in Calgary. On Saturday, they lost 9-2 in Edmonton. After that, they partied in Las Vegas.
OK, the timing wasn’t great, but what was Joel Quenneville supposed to do? Cancel Vegas? You don’t cancel Vegas. That’s how mutinies start.
Chicago continues its six-game road trip tonight in San Jose against the red-hot Sharks. Will the Blackhawks be refreshed and ready to go?
‘Hawks forward Patrick Kane has experience balancing an active social life with playing hockey for a living. What does he think?
“We had our fun, and these last few games make you want to play even more,” Kane told CSNChicago.com. “We’ll come out with a pretty good effort (in San Jose), way better than the last two.”
Marian Hossa concurred: “We had that time to rethink, recharge and get our working boots on again.”
You know, I’ve lost a pile of money, eaten prime rib at 5am, and tried to get into the wrong hotel room for 20 minutes in Vegas, but I can’t say I’ve ever “recharged” in that place.
Maybe Hossa went to Napa instead.
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 0
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 0
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 8
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 40
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 45