Nov 23, 2011, 2:07 PM EDT
On Friday, the Chicago Blackhawks lost 5-2 in Calgary. On Saturday, they lost 9-2 in Edmonton. After that, they partied in Las Vegas.
OK, the timing wasn’t great, but what was Joel Quenneville supposed to do? Cancel Vegas? You don’t cancel Vegas. That’s how mutinies start.
Chicago continues its six-game road trip tonight in San Jose against the red-hot Sharks. Will the Blackhawks be refreshed and ready to go?
‘Hawks forward Patrick Kane has experience balancing an active social life with playing hockey for a living. What does he think?
“We had our fun, and these last few games make you want to play even more,” Kane told CSNChicago.com. “We’ll come out with a pretty good effort (in San Jose), way better than the last two.”
Marian Hossa concurred: “We had that time to rethink, recharge and get our working boots on again.”
You know, I’ve lost a pile of money, eaten prime rib at 5am, and tried to get into the wrong hotel room for 20 minutes in Vegas, but I can’t say I’ve ever “recharged” in that place.
Maybe Hossa went to Napa instead.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 24
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 40
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 34
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21