Nov 23, 2011, 1:14 PM EST
Jagr tells CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio that he’ll be suiting up for tonight’s game on Long Island after missing the last two games with a slight groin injury. Jagr’s return to action against the Islanders does make for a cushy return to action given how poorly the Isles have played of late.
After getting blown out by the Bruins and Penguins in two straight games, the Isles come into tonight’s game hoping to turn things around and potentially save Jack Capuano’s job. The Isles will have to show some sort of heart tonight and they’ll have to do it while looking awfully ugly as well. At least they won’t have Chris Pronger to deal with as he won’t be playing thanks to a virus.
If Jagr turns on the wheels tonight and pulls out some of his own legendary skills, it could prove to be the straw that breaks the back of the Islanders. If you’re going to go down, going down at the hands of a future Hall Of Famer at least gives you something to hang your hat on. That might be a really glass half-full way of seeing things though.
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 0
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 21
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 36
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 7
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 77
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (77)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)