Nov 23, 2011, 1:14 PM EDT
Jagr tells CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio that he’ll be suiting up for tonight’s game on Long Island after missing the last two games with a slight groin injury. Jagr’s return to action against the Islanders does make for a cushy return to action given how poorly the Isles have played of late.
After getting blown out by the Bruins and Penguins in two straight games, the Isles come into tonight’s game hoping to turn things around and potentially save Jack Capuano’s job. The Isles will have to show some sort of heart tonight and they’ll have to do it while looking awfully ugly as well. At least they won’t have Chris Pronger to deal with as he won’t be playing thanks to a virus.
If Jagr turns on the wheels tonight and pulls out some of his own legendary skills, it could prove to be the straw that breaks the back of the Islanders. If you’re going to go down, going down at the hands of a future Hall Of Famer at least gives you something to hang your hat on. That might be a really glass half-full way of seeing things though.
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 9
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 18
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)