Nov 23, 2011, 1:14 PM EDT
Jagr tells CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio that he’ll be suiting up for tonight’s game on Long Island after missing the last two games with a slight groin injury. Jagr’s return to action against the Islanders does make for a cushy return to action given how poorly the Isles have played of late.
After getting blown out by the Bruins and Penguins in two straight games, the Isles come into tonight’s game hoping to turn things around and potentially save Jack Capuano’s job. The Isles will have to show some sort of heart tonight and they’ll have to do it while looking awfully ugly as well. At least they won’t have Chris Pronger to deal with as he won’t be playing thanks to a virus.
If Jagr turns on the wheels tonight and pulls out some of his own legendary skills, it could prove to be the straw that breaks the back of the Islanders. If you’re going to go down, going down at the hands of a future Hall Of Famer at least gives you something to hang your hat on. That might be a really glass half-full way of seeing things though.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 12
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54