Nov 23, 2011, 1:14 PM EST
Jagr tells CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio that he’ll be suiting up for tonight’s game on Long Island after missing the last two games with a slight groin injury. Jagr’s return to action against the Islanders does make for a cushy return to action given how poorly the Isles have played of late.
After getting blown out by the Bruins and Penguins in two straight games, the Isles come into tonight’s game hoping to turn things around and potentially save Jack Capuano’s job. The Isles will have to show some sort of heart tonight and they’ll have to do it while looking awfully ugly as well. At least they won’t have Chris Pronger to deal with as he won’t be playing thanks to a virus.
If Jagr turns on the wheels tonight and pulls out some of his own legendary skills, it could prove to be the straw that breaks the back of the Islanders. If you’re going to go down, going down at the hands of a future Hall Of Famer at least gives you something to hang your hat on. That might be a really glass half-full way of seeing things though.
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 2
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 7
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 77
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 42
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 18
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 77
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (80)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (77)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)