Nov 23, 2011, 9:53 PM EST
The hope was that Jaromir Jagr could use the New York Islanders as a nice way to ease himself back into the NHL schedule after a couple games out with a groin injury. But the Islanders would have none of that. Instead of thriving in his return, Jagr suffered a lower body injury early in the 2nd period and subsequently headed back to the locker room. Randy Miller reports that he was hurt on a rush along the left wing boards; we’re unsure if he aggravated the recovering groin or if this is a brand new lower-body injury. He didn’t return to the game.
This isn’t anything new for Jagr. It was less than a week ago when he was forced to leave the contest against the Coyotes. Since last Thursday, the Flyers have been forced to play without their offseason acquisition for the last two games. The early returns weren’t good as they lost both the struggling Winnipeg Jets and slumping Carolina Hurricanes.
The bright side for the Flyers is they were able to escape Long Island with an overtime victory. Still, fans and media will wait for any update on Jagr’s status. Beat writer San Carchidi already speculated that Jagr is doubtful for the Flyers next game in Montreal on Friday afternoon.
As usual, we’ll keep you updated as we received any updates.
Update (11:35 EST): Jagr aggravated his groin pull and will miss the next two games.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 30
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 4
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 12
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 50
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)