Nov 23, 2011, 9:53 PM EDT
The hope was that Jaromir Jagr could use the New York Islanders as a nice way to ease himself back into the NHL schedule after a couple games out with a groin injury. But the Islanders would have none of that. Instead of thriving in his return, Jagr suffered a lower body injury early in the 2nd period and subsequently headed back to the locker room. Randy Miller reports that he was hurt on a rush along the left wing boards; we’re unsure if he aggravated the recovering groin or if this is a brand new lower-body injury. He didn’t return to the game.
This isn’t anything new for Jagr. It was less than a week ago when he was forced to leave the contest against the Coyotes. Since last Thursday, the Flyers have been forced to play without their offseason acquisition for the last two games. The early returns weren’t good as they lost both the struggling Winnipeg Jets and slumping Carolina Hurricanes.
The bright side for the Flyers is they were able to escape Long Island with an overtime victory. Still, fans and media will wait for any update on Jagr’s status. Beat writer San Carchidi already speculated that Jagr is doubtful for the Flyers next game in Montreal on Friday afternoon.
As usual, we’ll keep you updated as we received any updates.
Update (11:35 EST): Jagr aggravated his groin pull and will miss the next two games.
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? 26
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 32
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 29
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 54
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 14
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 95
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 29
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 58
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (90)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree reportedly tears achilles, out for year
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings