Nov 23, 2011, 9:53 PM EDT
The hope was that Jaromir Jagr could use the New York Islanders as a nice way to ease himself back into the NHL schedule after a couple games out with a groin injury. But the Islanders would have none of that. Instead of thriving in his return, Jagr suffered a lower body injury early in the 2nd period and subsequently headed back to the locker room. Randy Miller reports that he was hurt on a rush along the left wing boards; we’re unsure if he aggravated the recovering groin or if this is a brand new lower-body injury. He didn’t return to the game.
This isn’t anything new for Jagr. It was less than a week ago when he was forced to leave the contest against the Coyotes. Since last Thursday, the Flyers have been forced to play without their offseason acquisition for the last two games. The early returns weren’t good as they lost both the struggling Winnipeg Jets and slumping Carolina Hurricanes.
The bright side for the Flyers is they were able to escape Long Island with an overtime victory. Still, fans and media will wait for any update on Jagr’s status. Beat writer San Carchidi already speculated that Jagr is doubtful for the Flyers next game in Montreal on Friday afternoon.
As usual, we’ll keep you updated as we received any updates.
Update (11:35 EST): Jagr aggravated his groin pull and will miss the next two games.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)