Nov 23, 2011, 1:56 PM EST
Here’s video of the hit with analysis from NHL on NBC’s Jeremy Roenick and Pierre McGuire:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The hit occurred with two seconds left. Doughty was whistled for a minor penalty, but the Blues were still irate at both the hit and the decision to only call a minor. “The end result is a two-minute penalty and a faceoff outside the zone,” Blues captain David Backes told the Belleville News-Democrat. “They might as well just run the clock on that. I guess if that’s the extent of it, that’s a good way to kill the clock is no-holds-barred at the end of the game.”
As for Doughty, he told Andy Strickland of Truehockey.com “I thought he turned at the last minute, I was just trying to finish my man. I saw him take a peek and maybe I should have done a shoulder hit as opposed to a cross-check but I had no intention of hurting him and I hope he’s okay.”
Blues radio play-by-play man Chris Kerber reports Oshie is good to go for tonight’s contest in Pittsburgh.
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 0
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 7
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 23
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3