Nov 23, 2011, 1:56 PM EST
Here’s video of the hit with analysis from NHL on NBC’s Jeremy Roenick and Pierre McGuire:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The hit occurred with two seconds left. Doughty was whistled for a minor penalty, but the Blues were still irate at both the hit and the decision to only call a minor. “The end result is a two-minute penalty and a faceoff outside the zone,” Blues captain David Backes told the Belleville News-Democrat. “They might as well just run the clock on that. I guess if that’s the extent of it, that’s a good way to kill the clock is no-holds-barred at the end of the game.”
As for Doughty, he told Andy Strickland of Truehockey.com “I thought he turned at the last minute, I was just trying to finish my man. I saw him take a peek and maybe I should have done a shoulder hit as opposed to a cross-check but I had no intention of hurting him and I hope he’s okay.”
Blues radio play-by-play man Chris Kerber reports Oshie is good to go for tonight’s contest in Pittsburgh.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46