Nov 22, 2011, 9:52 AM EDT
Toronto is apparently not allowed to enjoy hockey at any time. The number of injuries they’ve been having to deal with of late is stunning and now James Mirtle of the Globe And Mail finds out that Matt Lombardi has a dislocated shoulder that may require surgery.
Mirtle’s report says that Lombardi’s injury would keep him out of action for several months, meanwhile the Leafs are saying that he’ll be out at least three weeks. Look at it as one of those “glass half-full/half-empty” sorts of things. The Leafs have managed to stay cryptic about many of their injury reports, in particular to goalie James Reimer.
Lombardi’s diagnosis, however, comes with the bright side that at least he’s not dealing with another concussion. It’s a small silver lining there, but it’s something. Lombardi had been playing well on the Leafs’ third line this season. Now they’ll have to hope he can get back in time for a shot at the playoffs later in the season.
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 8
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 6
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 19
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 50
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 78
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 6
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 48
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 38
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte