Nov 22, 2011, 9:52 AM EDT
Toronto is apparently not allowed to enjoy hockey at any time. The number of injuries they’ve been having to deal with of late is stunning and now James Mirtle of the Globe And Mail finds out that Matt Lombardi has a dislocated shoulder that may require surgery.
Mirtle’s report says that Lombardi’s injury would keep him out of action for several months, meanwhile the Leafs are saying that he’ll be out at least three weeks. Look at it as one of those “glass half-full/half-empty” sorts of things. The Leafs have managed to stay cryptic about many of their injury reports, in particular to goalie James Reimer.
Lombardi’s diagnosis, however, comes with the bright side that at least he’s not dealing with another concussion. It’s a small silver lining there, but it’s something. Lombardi had been playing well on the Leafs’ third line this season. Now they’ll have to hope he can get back in time for a shot at the playoffs later in the season.
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 7
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 4
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 37
- Report: Gryba, Tropp avoid punishment after getting tossed for hits 6
- What they’re saying about the Sabres (and it’s not good) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Caps, Red Wings battle after hotly contested 13-14 series 5
- Miller wins 300th, Canes finish Oct. without single victory 7
- Video: Backes crashes into Daley, falls to ice hard (Updated) 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (61)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)