Nov 22, 2011, 11:00 PM EDT
For a little while there, it looked like Dwayne Roloson was straightening things out.
He reeled off a three-game winning streak a couple weeks ago, but aside from a 4-1 win against the Pittsburgh Penguins last Thursday, things have been looking ugly again. The Toronto Maple Leafs handed another Southeast Division team a 7-1 loss, and much like the Washington Capitals, such an embarrassing defeat makes you wonder if there are some rumblings for change in Tampa Bay.
For many, that might start with Roloson. There would be some symmetry to that idea since Lightning GM Steve Yzerman brought Rollie the Goalie in during a similar moment last season; the Bolts needed a boost in net and Stevie Y didn’t hesitate.
This time around, it might be about bolstering that defense, though. Victor Hedman hasn’t progressed as well as they hoped, Mattias Ohlund is injured and the rest of the D corps is flawed at best. The problem is that there aren’t a ton of great defensemen floating around the trading block right now, so the change might have to come from within. (Or maybe Yzerman should bring in another new goalie.)
What would you do if you were in Yzerman’s shoes, though?
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 6
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 32
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 107
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115