Nov 21, 2011, 1:32 PM EDT
Paul Peck of WIVB Buffalo is reporting that Sabres defenseman Tyler Myers underwent surgery for a broken wrist this morning and will miss at least a month of action.
It’s the latest blow in what’s been a tough season for the 2010 Calder Trophy winner. He was called out for not responding to Milan Lucic running Ryan Miller, became a healthy scratch for the first time in his career, nearly got suspended for a headshot on Dainius Zubrus and is minus-4 through 19 games.
Myers suffered the injury in Saturday’s 4-2 loss to Phoenix, leaving the game late in the second period. It left the Sabres thin on the blueline (Mike Weber is also out with an upper-body injury) forcing them to play with just five healthy defensemen: Jordan Leopold, Christian Ehrhoff, Robyn Regehr, Andrej Sekera and Marc-Andre Gragnani.
As for replacement candidates? One is 22-year-old TJ Brennan, though he has yet to play a single NHL contest. Another option would be 10-year veteran Shaone Morrisonn, who is currently with Buffalo’s AHL affiliate in Rochester.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 38
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 34
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 30
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (40)