Nov 21, 2011, 5:36 PM EST
Pretty funny video here of LA Kings tough guy Kevin Westgarth interviewing teammates at the Twilight: Breaking Dawn premiere.
A few thoughts:
– Gotta love vampire movies for bringing out the most random assortment of celebrities: Jennifer Love-Hewitt, Ron Artest, Rob Lowe and Weird Al Yankovic. How about Weird Al still being culturally relevant, hey? I remember when “Eat It” came out in ’84. Kings captain Dustin Brown was born that same year. Man I’m old.
– That’s an awful lot of Kings players in attendance. The video includes Westgarth, Mike Richards, Drew Doughty and Jonathan Quick but apparently Brown, Justin Williams, Trevor Lewis and Jonathan Bernier were also there. (For some reason Bobby Ryan and George Parros were too.) Couldn’t see as many Bruins showing up to a similar event, unless Brad Marchand was allowed to repeatedly punch Taylor Lautner in the face.
– Speaking of Ryan, he reviewed the film (which you can read here, if you’re feeling like punishing yourself.) The most notable thing about the review is it says the Kings walked out “en masse” 20 minutes into the movie. The collective bailout, that’s a bold move. Didn’t even try to sugarcoat it by staggering their exits or pretending they had to go to the bathroom. They just all stood up and walked. I feel like that’s kind of poor form, but also kind of awesome.
– Congrats to Jonathan Quick for winning the “Greyest Outfit Ever Worn in Public” award.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)