Nov 21, 2011, 5:36 PM EDT
Pretty funny video here of LA Kings tough guy Kevin Westgarth interviewing teammates at the Twilight: Breaking Dawn premiere.
A few thoughts:
— Gotta love vampire movies for bringing out the most random assortment of celebrities: Jennifer Love-Hewitt, Ron Artest, Rob Lowe and Weird Al Yankovic. How about Weird Al still being culturally relevant, hey? I remember when “Eat It” came out in ’84. Kings captain Dustin Brown was born that same year. Man I’m old.
— That’s an awful lot of Kings players in attendance. The video includes Westgarth, Mike Richards, Drew Doughty and Jonathan Quick but apparently Brown, Justin Williams, Trevor Lewis and Jonathan Bernier were also there. (For some reason Bobby Ryan and George Parros were too.) Couldn’t see as many Bruins showing up to a similar event, unless Brad Marchand was allowed to repeatedly punch Taylor Lautner in the face.
— Speaking of Ryan, he reviewed the film (which you can read here, if you’re feeling like punishing yourself.) The most notable thing about the review is it says the Kings walked out “en masse” 20 minutes into the movie. The collective bailout, that’s a bold move. Didn’t even try to sugarcoat it by staggering their exits or pretending they had to go to the bathroom. They just all stood up and walked. I feel like that’s kind of poor form, but also kind of awesome.
— Congrats to Jonathan Quick for winning the “Greyest Outfit Ever Worn in Public” award.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 11
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 30
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)