Nov 21, 2011, 5:36 PM EDT
Pretty funny video here of LA Kings tough guy Kevin Westgarth interviewing teammates at the Twilight: Breaking Dawn premiere.
A few thoughts:
— Gotta love vampire movies for bringing out the most random assortment of celebrities: Jennifer Love-Hewitt, Ron Artest, Rob Lowe and Weird Al Yankovic. How about Weird Al still being culturally relevant, hey? I remember when “Eat It” came out in ’84. Kings captain Dustin Brown was born that same year. Man I’m old.
— That’s an awful lot of Kings players in attendance. The video includes Westgarth, Mike Richards, Drew Doughty and Jonathan Quick but apparently Brown, Justin Williams, Trevor Lewis and Jonathan Bernier were also there. (For some reason Bobby Ryan and George Parros were too.) Couldn’t see as many Bruins showing up to a similar event, unless Brad Marchand was allowed to repeatedly punch Taylor Lautner in the face.
— Speaking of Ryan, he reviewed the film (which you can read here, if you’re feeling like punishing yourself.) The most notable thing about the review is it says the Kings walked out “en masse” 20 minutes into the movie. The collective bailout, that’s a bold move. Didn’t even try to sugarcoat it by staggering their exits or pretending they had to go to the bathroom. They just all stood up and walked. I feel like that’s kind of poor form, but also kind of awesome.
— Congrats to Jonathan Quick for winning the “Greyest Outfit Ever Worn in Public” award.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)