Nov 21, 2011, 5:36 PM EST
Pretty funny video here of LA Kings tough guy Kevin Westgarth interviewing teammates at the Twilight: Breaking Dawn premiere.
A few thoughts:
– Gotta love vampire movies for bringing out the most random assortment of celebrities: Jennifer Love-Hewitt, Ron Artest, Rob Lowe and Weird Al Yankovic. How about Weird Al still being culturally relevant, hey? I remember when “Eat It” came out in ’84. Kings captain Dustin Brown was born that same year. Man I’m old.
– That’s an awful lot of Kings players in attendance. The video includes Westgarth, Mike Richards, Drew Doughty and Jonathan Quick but apparently Brown, Justin Williams, Trevor Lewis and Jonathan Bernier were also there. (For some reason Bobby Ryan and George Parros were too.) Couldn’t see as many Bruins showing up to a similar event, unless Brad Marchand was allowed to repeatedly punch Taylor Lautner in the face.
– Speaking of Ryan, he reviewed the film (which you can read here, if you’re feeling like punishing yourself.) The most notable thing about the review is it says the Kings walked out “en masse” 20 minutes into the movie. The collective bailout, that’s a bold move. Didn’t even try to sugarcoat it by staggering their exits or pretending they had to go to the bathroom. They just all stood up and walked. I feel like that’s kind of poor form, but also kind of awesome.
– Congrats to Jonathan Quick for winning the “Greyest Outfit Ever Worn in Public” award.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 9
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 32
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 25
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)