Nov 21, 2011, 5:36 PM EST
Pretty funny video here of LA Kings tough guy Kevin Westgarth interviewing teammates at the Twilight: Breaking Dawn premiere.
A few thoughts:
— Gotta love vampire movies for bringing out the most random assortment of celebrities: Jennifer Love-Hewitt, Ron Artest, Rob Lowe and Weird Al Yankovic. How about Weird Al still being culturally relevant, hey? I remember when “Eat It” came out in ’84. Kings captain Dustin Brown was born that same year. Man I’m old.
— That’s an awful lot of Kings players in attendance. The video includes Westgarth, Mike Richards, Drew Doughty and Jonathan Quick but apparently Brown, Justin Williams, Trevor Lewis and Jonathan Bernier were also there. (For some reason Bobby Ryan and George Parros were too.) Couldn’t see as many Bruins showing up to a similar event, unless Brad Marchand was allowed to repeatedly punch Taylor Lautner in the face.
— Speaking of Ryan, he reviewed the film (which you can read here, if you’re feeling like punishing yourself.) The most notable thing about the review is it says the Kings walked out “en masse” 20 minutes into the movie. The collective bailout, that’s a bold move. Didn’t even try to sugarcoat it by staggering their exits or pretending they had to go to the bathroom. They just all stood up and walked. I feel like that’s kind of poor form, but also kind of awesome.
— Congrats to Jonathan Quick for winning the “Greyest Outfit Ever Worn in Public” award.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 8
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 5
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 9
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)