Nov 21, 2011, 6:09 PM EST
We’ve seen it before. For whatever reason, a hockey game is supposed to be a bloodbath, but it doesn’t out turn that way…and we’re all a little disappointed.
Or will it actually be a bloodbath?
“I don’t know what the fans are wanting,” said Buffalo forward Paul Gaustad. “We want to get a win. I think that’s what we have to focus on: Playing our game, execute our system and try to win. … We have to address it as taking care our business of executing the game. We’re trying to win the two points. You have to focus on our systems and execute what they’ll do with their systems.”
And if you believe that, I’ve got some RIM stock to sell you. (It’s a real up-and-comer!)
I don’t know what the fans are wanting.
Same thing you want, Paul – revenge.
Revenge for taking out your franchise goalie Miller.
Revenge for making your team look like a bunch of chickens.
The only thing that could make the Sabres think twice about going after Lucic is a promise from the NHL to severely punish them if things get out of hand. Buffalo coach Lindy Ruff basically admitted the league has already been in touch.
Maybe all that’s necessary is for Gaustad, Cody McCormick (if healthy), or Robyn Regehr to drop the gloves with Lucic right off the bat. But there has to be some sort of physical response – the whole “we’ll just beat ‘em on the scoreboard” approach sounds good in theory, but what if they don’t beat ‘em on the scoreboard? The B’s are playing pretty good hockey these days. The Sabres can’t afford to lose and fail to respond.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)