Nov 21, 2011, 6:09 PM EDT
We’ve seen it before. For whatever reason, a hockey game is supposed to be a bloodbath, but it doesn’t out turn that way…and we’re all a little disappointed.
Or will it actually be a bloodbath?
“I don’t know what the fans are wanting,” said Buffalo forward Paul Gaustad. “We want to get a win. I think that’s what we have to focus on: Playing our game, execute our system and try to win. … We have to address it as taking care our business of executing the game. We’re trying to win the two points. You have to focus on our systems and execute what they’ll do with their systems.”
And if you believe that, I’ve got some RIM stock to sell you. (It’s a real up-and-comer!)
I don’t know what the fans are wanting.
Same thing you want, Paul – revenge.
Revenge for taking out your franchise goalie Miller.
Revenge for making your team look like a bunch of chickens.
The only thing that could make the Sabres think twice about going after Lucic is a promise from the NHL to severely punish them if things get out of hand. Buffalo coach Lindy Ruff basically admitted the league has already been in touch.
Maybe all that’s necessary is for Gaustad, Cody McCormick (if healthy), or Robyn Regehr to drop the gloves with Lucic right off the bat. But there has to be some sort of physical response – the whole “we’ll just beat ‘em on the scoreboard” approach sounds good in theory, but what if they don’t beat ‘em on the scoreboard? The B’s are playing pretty good hockey these days. The Sabres can’t afford to lose and fail to respond.
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 8
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 62
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 7
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 47
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 98
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)