Nov 21, 2011, 6:09 PM EDT
We’ve seen it before. For whatever reason, a hockey game is supposed to be a bloodbath, but it doesn’t out turn that way…and we’re all a little disappointed.
Or will it actually be a bloodbath?
“I don’t know what the fans are wanting,” said Buffalo forward Paul Gaustad. “We want to get a win. I think that’s what we have to focus on: Playing our game, execute our system and try to win. … We have to address it as taking care our business of executing the game. We’re trying to win the two points. You have to focus on our systems and execute what they’ll do with their systems.”
And if you believe that, I’ve got some RIM stock to sell you. (It’s a real up-and-comer!)
I don’t know what the fans are wanting.
Same thing you want, Paul – revenge.
Revenge for taking out your franchise goalie Miller.
Revenge for making your team look like a bunch of chickens.
The only thing that could make the Sabres think twice about going after Lucic is a promise from the NHL to severely punish them if things get out of hand. Buffalo coach Lindy Ruff basically admitted the league has already been in touch.
Maybe all that’s necessary is for Gaustad, Cody McCormick (if healthy), or Robyn Regehr to drop the gloves with Lucic right off the bat. But there has to be some sort of physical response – the whole “we’ll just beat ‘em on the scoreboard” approach sounds good in theory, but what if they don’t beat ‘em on the scoreboard? The B’s are playing pretty good hockey these days. The Sabres can’t afford to lose and fail to respond.
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 4
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 24
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24