Nov 21, 2011, 6:09 PM EST
We’ve seen it before. For whatever reason, a hockey game is supposed to be a bloodbath, but it doesn’t out turn that way…and we’re all a little disappointed.
Or will it actually be a bloodbath?
“I don’t know what the fans are wanting,” said Buffalo forward Paul Gaustad. “We want to get a win. I think that’s what we have to focus on: Playing our game, execute our system and try to win. … We have to address it as taking care our business of executing the game. We’re trying to win the two points. You have to focus on our systems and execute what they’ll do with their systems.”
And if you believe that, I’ve got some RIM stock to sell you. (It’s a real up-and-comer!)
I don’t know what the fans are wanting.
Same thing you want, Paul – revenge.
Revenge for taking out your franchise goalie Miller.
Revenge for making your team look like a bunch of chickens.
The only thing that could make the Sabres think twice about going after Lucic is a promise from the NHL to severely punish them if things get out of hand. Buffalo coach Lindy Ruff basically admitted the league has already been in touch.
Maybe all that’s necessary is for Gaustad, Cody McCormick (if healthy), or Robyn Regehr to drop the gloves with Lucic right off the bat. But there has to be some sort of physical response – the whole “we’ll just beat ‘em on the scoreboard” approach sounds good in theory, but what if they don’t beat ‘em on the scoreboard? The B’s are playing pretty good hockey these days. The Sabres can’t afford to lose and fail to respond.
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 4
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 29
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7