Nov 21, 2011, 6:09 PM EDT
We’ve seen it before. For whatever reason, a hockey game is supposed to be a bloodbath, but it doesn’t out turn that way…and we’re all a little disappointed.
Or will it actually be a bloodbath?
“I don’t know what the fans are wanting,” said Buffalo forward Paul Gaustad. “We want to get a win. I think that’s what we have to focus on: Playing our game, execute our system and try to win. … We have to address it as taking care our business of executing the game. We’re trying to win the two points. You have to focus on our systems and execute what they’ll do with their systems.”
And if you believe that, I’ve got some RIM stock to sell you. (It’s a real up-and-comer!)
I don’t know what the fans are wanting.
Same thing you want, Paul – revenge.
Revenge for taking out your franchise goalie Miller.
Revenge for making your team look like a bunch of chickens.
The only thing that could make the Sabres think twice about going after Lucic is a promise from the NHL to severely punish them if things get out of hand. Buffalo coach Lindy Ruff basically admitted the league has already been in touch.
Maybe all that’s necessary is for Gaustad, Cody McCormick (if healthy), or Robyn Regehr to drop the gloves with Lucic right off the bat. But there has to be some sort of physical response – the whole “we’ll just beat ‘em on the scoreboard” approach sounds good in theory, but what if they don’t beat ‘em on the scoreboard? The B’s are playing pretty good hockey these days. The Sabres can’t afford to lose and fail to respond.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 4
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 28
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 18
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 60
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)