Nov 21, 2011, 11:30 AM EST
Who knew the Penguins were going to be going fully healthy tonight? While Sidney Crosby is the biggest name returning to action, defenseman Zbynek Michalek is also making his triumphant return to action tonight as well.
Michalek has been out of action since the end of October with a broken finger. Clearly, the healing powers of Crosby got him back to health a bit sooner than expected so he can join the rest of the team in giving the Islanders a rude welcome to town. With Michalek rejoining his mates on the blue line, expect that Alexandre Picard takes a seat in the press box.
The Penguins having Michalek back should help strengthen what’s been a battered and beleaguered defensive corps. While we’ve seen other guys get over being hurt (Brooks Orpik), getting hurt (Ben Lovejoy, Michalek), others are having a tough time on the ice (Paul Martin). We’ll see how they can all put it together tonight against an Islanders team that’s having a tough time getting goals.
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 4
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 6
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 25
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7