Nov 21, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
Who knew the Penguins were going to be going fully healthy tonight? While Sidney Crosby is the biggest name returning to action, defenseman Zbynek Michalek is also making his triumphant return to action tonight as well.
Michalek has been out of action since the end of October with a broken finger. Clearly, the healing powers of Crosby got him back to health a bit sooner than expected so he can join the rest of the team in giving the Islanders a rude welcome to town. With Michalek rejoining his mates on the blue line, expect that Alexandre Picard takes a seat in the press box.
The Penguins having Michalek back should help strengthen what’s been a battered and beleaguered defensive corps. While we’ve seen other guys get over being hurt (Brooks Orpik), getting hurt (Ben Lovejoy, Michalek), others are having a tough time on the ice (Paul Martin). We’ll see how they can all put it together tonight against an Islanders team that’s having a tough time getting goals.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 4
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 13
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)