Nov 21, 2011, 11:30 AM EST
Who knew the Penguins were going to be going fully healthy tonight? While Sidney Crosby is the biggest name returning to action, defenseman Zbynek Michalek is also making his triumphant return to action tonight as well.
Michalek has been out of action since the end of October with a broken finger. Clearly, the healing powers of Crosby got him back to health a bit sooner than expected so he can join the rest of the team in giving the Islanders a rude welcome to town. With Michalek rejoining his mates on the blue line, expect that Alexandre Picard takes a seat in the press box.
The Penguins having Michalek back should help strengthen what’s been a battered and beleaguered defensive corps. While we’ve seen other guys get over being hurt (Brooks Orpik), getting hurt (Ben Lovejoy, Michalek), others are having a tough time on the ice (Paul Martin). We’ll see how they can all put it together tonight against an Islanders team that’s having a tough time getting goals.
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 22
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 17
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 67
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 16
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 12
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 34
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 40
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (67)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)