Nov 21, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
Who knew the Penguins were going to be going fully healthy tonight? While Sidney Crosby is the biggest name returning to action, defenseman Zbynek Michalek is also making his triumphant return to action tonight as well.
Michalek has been out of action since the end of October with a broken finger. Clearly, the healing powers of Crosby got him back to health a bit sooner than expected so he can join the rest of the team in giving the Islanders a rude welcome to town. With Michalek rejoining his mates on the blue line, expect that Alexandre Picard takes a seat in the press box.
The Penguins having Michalek back should help strengthen what’s been a battered and beleaguered defensive corps. While we’ve seen other guys get over being hurt (Brooks Orpik), getting hurt (Ben Lovejoy, Michalek), others are having a tough time on the ice (Paul Martin). We’ll see how they can all put it together tonight against an Islanders team that’s having a tough time getting goals.
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 27
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 7
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 10
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 44
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 91
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Playoffs Tonight: We’re tied going into Boston 9
- Writer: NHL playoffs are ‘annoying’ 79
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL