Nov 21, 2011, 12:13 PM EDT
We’ve waited a while to see them but the Flyers unleashed the sweaters they’ll be donning for the 2012 Winter Classic and they are fantastic.
Sure, they’ve got a lot of orange going on with them but the striping is simple on the sleeves and bottom, an all black shoulder yoke will have the Winter Classic logo on the right shoulder and the different colored nameplate will be on the back just like their home and away sweaters.
As far as how these sweaters stack up to Winter Classic sweaters from previous years, this ranks up as one of the nicest original styles we’ve seen. While most of the Winter Classic sweaters are derived from a historical look, this Flyers one is all new and it’s great.
Now we’ll wait while the Rangers wait to release what they’ll be wearing. Just a calendar hint to the Rangers, this Friday is Black Friday and lots of people do shopping on that day. Getting it out by then might prove to be a lucrative thing to do.
(photo: Schuyler Baehman from the NHL via Twitter)
- Kings stave off elimination, force Game 5 against Sharks 4
- Wild hold off late Avalanche push to even series at 2-2 46
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 26
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 99
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 11
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)