Nov 21, 2011, 12:13 PM EDT
We’ve waited a while to see them but the Flyers unleashed the sweaters they’ll be donning for the 2012 Winter Classic and they are fantastic.
Sure, they’ve got a lot of orange going on with them but the striping is simple on the sleeves and bottom, an all black shoulder yoke will have the Winter Classic logo on the right shoulder and the different colored nameplate will be on the back just like their home and away sweaters.
As far as how these sweaters stack up to Winter Classic sweaters from previous years, this ranks up as one of the nicest original styles we’ve seen. While most of the Winter Classic sweaters are derived from a historical look, this Flyers one is all new and it’s great.
Now we’ll wait while the Rangers wait to release what they’ll be wearing. Just a calendar hint to the Rangers, this Friday is Black Friday and lots of people do shopping on that day. Getting it out by then might prove to be a lucrative thing to do.
(photo: Schuyler Baehman from the NHL via Twitter)
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)