Nov 21, 2011, 12:13 PM EDT
We’ve waited a while to see them but the Flyers unleashed the sweaters they’ll be donning for the 2012 Winter Classic and they are fantastic.
Sure, they’ve got a lot of orange going on with them but the striping is simple on the sleeves and bottom, an all black shoulder yoke will have the Winter Classic logo on the right shoulder and the different colored nameplate will be on the back just like their home and away sweaters.
As far as how these sweaters stack up to Winter Classic sweaters from previous years, this ranks up as one of the nicest original styles we’ve seen. While most of the Winter Classic sweaters are derived from a historical look, this Flyers one is all new and it’s great.
Now we’ll wait while the Rangers wait to release what they’ll be wearing. Just a calendar hint to the Rangers, this Friday is Black Friday and lots of people do shopping on that day. Getting it out by then might prove to be a lucrative thing to do.
(photo: Schuyler Baehman from the NHL via Twitter)
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 2
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 12
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 0
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 53
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 51
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 54
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)