Nov 21, 2011, 12:13 PM EDT
We’ve waited a while to see them but the Flyers unleashed the sweaters they’ll be donning for the 2012 Winter Classic and they are fantastic.
Sure, they’ve got a lot of orange going on with them but the striping is simple on the sleeves and bottom, an all black shoulder yoke will have the Winter Classic logo on the right shoulder and the different colored nameplate will be on the back just like their home and away sweaters.
As far as how these sweaters stack up to Winter Classic sweaters from previous years, this ranks up as one of the nicest original styles we’ve seen. While most of the Winter Classic sweaters are derived from a historical look, this Flyers one is all new and it’s great.
Now we’ll wait while the Rangers wait to release what they’ll be wearing. Just a calendar hint to the Rangers, this Friday is Black Friday and lots of people do shopping on that day. Getting it out by then might prove to be a lucrative thing to do.
(photo: Schuyler Baehman from the NHL via Twitter)
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 30
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 23
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 20
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 48
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 33
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 27
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 46
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)