Nov 21, 2011, 12:13 PM EDT
We’ve waited a while to see them but the Flyers unleashed the sweaters they’ll be donning for the 2012 Winter Classic and they are fantastic.
Sure, they’ve got a lot of orange going on with them but the striping is simple on the sleeves and bottom, an all black shoulder yoke will have the Winter Classic logo on the right shoulder and the different colored nameplate will be on the back just like their home and away sweaters.
As far as how these sweaters stack up to Winter Classic sweaters from previous years, this ranks up as one of the nicest original styles we’ve seen. While most of the Winter Classic sweaters are derived from a historical look, this Flyers one is all new and it’s great.
Now we’ll wait while the Rangers wait to release what they’ll be wearing. Just a calendar hint to the Rangers, this Friday is Black Friday and lots of people do shopping on that day. Getting it out by then might prove to be a lucrative thing to do.
(photo: Schuyler Baehman from the NHL via Twitter)
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 29
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)