Nov 20, 2011, 12:55 PM EDT
It’s been a rough couple weeks for Tyler Myers. He went from being benched after being terrible against Boston to nearly being suspended for a hit on Dainius Zubrus to being burned by Paul Bissonnette for a goal last night.
To make matters worse for Myers, he managed to get hurt last night. Myers hurt his wrist or hand during Buffalo’s loss to Phoenix and Lindy Ruff doesn’t know how long he could be out for. These things just seem to pile up after all.
Losing Myers for any amount of time means that Marc-Andre Gragnani will pick up the slack. With the Sabres getting dinged up on defense, Jhonas Enroth is going to be even busier with the Sabres’ free and easy style of late. Making matters worse is that the high scoring Bruins come to town on Tuesday. Don’t suppose there might be some heat on that game at all after the Bruins dusted Ryan Miller putting him on the shelf indefinitely with a concussion.
The Sabres might have retribution on their minds, but for now the injuries are a much bigger problem.
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 12
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 23
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 0
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 55
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 54
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)