Nov 20, 2011, 12:55 PM EDT
It’s been a rough couple weeks for Tyler Myers. He went from being benched after being terrible against Boston to nearly being suspended for a hit on Dainius Zubrus to being burned by Paul Bissonnette for a goal last night.
To make matters worse for Myers, he managed to get hurt last night. Myers hurt his wrist or hand during Buffalo’s loss to Phoenix and Lindy Ruff doesn’t know how long he could be out for. These things just seem to pile up after all.
Losing Myers for any amount of time means that Marc-Andre Gragnani will pick up the slack. With the Sabres getting dinged up on defense, Jhonas Enroth is going to be even busier with the Sabres’ free and easy style of late. Making matters worse is that the high scoring Bruins come to town on Tuesday. Don’t suppose there might be some heat on that game at all after the Bruins dusted Ryan Miller putting him on the shelf indefinitely with a concussion.
The Sabres might have retribution on their minds, but for now the injuries are a much bigger problem.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)