Nov 20, 2011, 12:55 PM EDT
It’s been a rough couple weeks for Tyler Myers. He went from being benched after being terrible against Boston to nearly being suspended for a hit on Dainius Zubrus to being burned by Paul Bissonnette for a goal last night.
To make matters worse for Myers, he managed to get hurt last night. Myers hurt his wrist or hand during Buffalo’s loss to Phoenix and Lindy Ruff doesn’t know how long he could be out for. These things just seem to pile up after all.
Losing Myers for any amount of time means that Marc-Andre Gragnani will pick up the slack. With the Sabres getting dinged up on defense, Jhonas Enroth is going to be even busier with the Sabres’ free and easy style of late. Making matters worse is that the high scoring Bruins come to town on Tuesday. Don’t suppose there might be some heat on that game at all after the Bruins dusted Ryan Miller putting him on the shelf indefinitely with a concussion.
The Sabres might have retribution on their minds, but for now the injuries are a much bigger problem.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 8
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 16
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)