Nov 20, 2011, 12:55 PM EDT
It’s been a rough couple weeks for Tyler Myers. He went from being benched after being terrible against Boston to nearly being suspended for a hit on Dainius Zubrus to being burned by Paul Bissonnette for a goal last night.
To make matters worse for Myers, he managed to get hurt last night. Myers hurt his wrist or hand during Buffalo’s loss to Phoenix and Lindy Ruff doesn’t know how long he could be out for. These things just seem to pile up after all.
Losing Myers for any amount of time means that Marc-Andre Gragnani will pick up the slack. With the Sabres getting dinged up on defense, Jhonas Enroth is going to be even busier with the Sabres’ free and easy style of late. Making matters worse is that the high scoring Bruins come to town on Tuesday. Don’t suppose there might be some heat on that game at all after the Bruins dusted Ryan Miller putting him on the shelf indefinitely with a concussion.
The Sabres might have retribution on their minds, but for now the injuries are a much bigger problem.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22