Nov 20, 2011, 12:55 PM EDT
It’s been a rough couple weeks for Tyler Myers. He went from being benched after being terrible against Boston to nearly being suspended for a hit on Dainius Zubrus to being burned by Paul Bissonnette for a goal last night.
To make matters worse for Myers, he managed to get hurt last night. Myers hurt his wrist or hand during Buffalo’s loss to Phoenix and Lindy Ruff doesn’t know how long he could be out for. These things just seem to pile up after all.
Losing Myers for any amount of time means that Marc-Andre Gragnani will pick up the slack. With the Sabres getting dinged up on defense, Jhonas Enroth is going to be even busier with the Sabres’ free and easy style of late. Making matters worse is that the high scoring Bruins come to town on Tuesday. Don’t suppose there might be some heat on that game at all after the Bruins dusted Ryan Miller putting him on the shelf indefinitely with a concussion.
The Sabres might have retribution on their minds, but for now the injuries are a much bigger problem.
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 8
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 9
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 18
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 48
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 40
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)