Nov 20, 2011, 2:10 PM EST
After an offseason that brought hope that the future could be now on Long Island, the New York Islanders are proving once again to just be a miserable hockey team. Getting run off the ice by the Bruins can happen to many teams, but looking lost and listless in the process is another thing entirely.
Rick DiPietro was awful against Boston before getting pulled. Kyle Okposo spent yet another game in the press box. John Tavares‘ hot start to the season is proving to be just that. The Islanders are in need of a shakeup yet again just a year after getting one with Jack Capuano taking over for Scott Gordon.
Frustrating? You better believe it and Isles faithful are demanding that something happens to take care of it. Kevin Schultz of Islanders Point Blank says that there’s enough blame to pass around to everyone. From Garth Snow to Capuano to all of the players, it’s a mess where one single move might not be the right one to make to fix things.
The Isles are building things up from the ground up as it is and blowing things up now doesn’t amount to a whole lot of good. Problem here is that the veteran players brought in to compliment the youth just aren’t very good. Add that problem to a goaltending nightmare with DiPietro and injuries to Evgeni Nabokov and Al Montoya and, voila, awful results.
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 0
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 34
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 1
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)