Nov 20, 2011, 2:10 PM EST
After an offseason that brought hope that the future could be now on Long Island, the New York Islanders are proving once again to just be a miserable hockey team. Getting run off the ice by the Bruins can happen to many teams, but looking lost and listless in the process is another thing entirely.
Rick DiPietro was awful against Boston before getting pulled. Kyle Okposo spent yet another game in the press box. John Tavares‘ hot start to the season is proving to be just that. The Islanders are in need of a shakeup yet again just a year after getting one with Jack Capuano taking over for Scott Gordon.
Frustrating? You better believe it and Isles faithful are demanding that something happens to take care of it. Kevin Schultz of Islanders Point Blank says that there’s enough blame to pass around to everyone. From Garth Snow to Capuano to all of the players, it’s a mess where one single move might not be the right one to make to fix things.
The Isles are building things up from the ground up as it is and blowing things up now doesn’t amount to a whole lot of good. Problem here is that the veteran players brought in to compliment the youth just aren’t very good. Add that problem to a goaltending nightmare with DiPietro and injuries to Evgeni Nabokov and Al Montoya and, voila, awful results.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 13
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 76
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 4
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (86)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)