Nov 20, 2011, 2:10 PM EDT
After an offseason that brought hope that the future could be now on Long Island, the New York Islanders are proving once again to just be a miserable hockey team. Getting run off the ice by the Bruins can happen to many teams, but looking lost and listless in the process is another thing entirely.
Rick DiPietro was awful against Boston before getting pulled. Kyle Okposo spent yet another game in the press box. John Tavares‘ hot start to the season is proving to be just that. The Islanders are in need of a shakeup yet again just a year after getting one with Jack Capuano taking over for Scott Gordon.
Frustrating? You better believe it and Isles faithful are demanding that something happens to take care of it. Kevin Schultz of Islanders Point Blank says that there’s enough blame to pass around to everyone. From Garth Snow to Capuano to all of the players, it’s a mess where one single move might not be the right one to make to fix things.
The Isles are building things up from the ground up as it is and blowing things up now doesn’t amount to a whole lot of good. Problem here is that the veteran players brought in to compliment the youth just aren’t very good. Add that problem to a goaltending nightmare with DiPietro and injuries to Evgeni Nabokov and Al Montoya and, voila, awful results.
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 8
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 39
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 45
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 8
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)