Nov 20, 2011, 6:37 PM EDT
TJ Oshie missed practice this afternoon after suffering a wrist injury in the first period of the Blues game against the Minnesota Wild. St. Louis head coach Ken Hitchcock said the team is just being cautious and is hopeful that Oshie will be able to play on Tuesday night against the Kings at Scottrade Center.
Oshie looked pretty good for a guy who was hurt in the first period of the game on Saturday. He scored a goal in regulation and netted a goal in the shootout for good measure. Despite Oshie’s efforts, the Blues still fell to the Western Conference dominating Minnesota Wild. Still, St. Louis is 4-0-2 in the six games since Ken Hitchcock took over behind the bench.
The Blues called up Brett Sterling in the event that Oshie won’t be able to go this week. After playing the Kings at home on Tuesday, they in Pittsburgh on Wednesday, and against the Flames at home on Friday. It doesn’t matter if the Blues are hot: every team can use their entire team when they have to play three games in four nights.
At least the news of Oshie’s injury comes while the team is in the midst of their best hockey streak of the season. It could be worse.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 9
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 72
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)