Nov 20, 2011, 6:37 PM EST
TJ Oshie missed practice this afternoon after suffering a wrist injury in the first period of the Blues game against the Minnesota Wild. St. Louis head coach Ken Hitchcock said the team is just being cautious and is hopeful that Oshie will be able to play on Tuesday night against the Kings at Scottrade Center.
Oshie looked pretty good for a guy who was hurt in the first period of the game on Saturday. He scored a goal in regulation and netted a goal in the shootout for good measure. Despite Oshie’s efforts, the Blues still fell to the Western Conference dominating Minnesota Wild. Still, St. Louis is 4-0-2 in the six games since Ken Hitchcock took over behind the bench.
The Blues called up Brett Sterling in the event that Oshie won’t be able to go this week. After playing the Kings at home on Tuesday, they in Pittsburgh on Wednesday, and against the Flames at home on Friday. It doesn’t matter if the Blues are hot: every team can use their entire team when they have to play three games in four nights.
At least the news of Oshie’s injury comes while the team is in the midst of their best hockey streak of the season. It could be worse.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 1
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 55
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)