Nov 20, 2011, 6:37 PM EDT
TJ Oshie missed practice this afternoon after suffering a wrist injury in the first period of the Blues game against the Minnesota Wild. St. Louis head coach Ken Hitchcock said the team is just being cautious and is hopeful that Oshie will be able to play on Tuesday night against the Kings at Scottrade Center.
Oshie looked pretty good for a guy who was hurt in the first period of the game on Saturday. He scored a goal in regulation and netted a goal in the shootout for good measure. Despite Oshie’s efforts, the Blues still fell to the Western Conference dominating Minnesota Wild. Still, St. Louis is 4-0-2 in the six games since Ken Hitchcock took over behind the bench.
The Blues called up Brett Sterling in the event that Oshie won’t be able to go this week. After playing the Kings at home on Tuesday, they in Pittsburgh on Wednesday, and against the Flames at home on Friday. It doesn’t matter if the Blues are hot: every team can use their entire team when they have to play three games in four nights.
At least the news of Oshie’s injury comes while the team is in the midst of their best hockey streak of the season. It could be worse.
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 5
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 14
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 8
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 59
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 5
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 22
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 65
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination