Nov 20, 2011, 6:37 PM EDT
TJ Oshie missed practice this afternoon after suffering a wrist injury in the first period of the Blues game against the Minnesota Wild. St. Louis head coach Ken Hitchcock said the team is just being cautious and is hopeful that Oshie will be able to play on Tuesday night against the Kings at Scottrade Center.
Oshie looked pretty good for a guy who was hurt in the first period of the game on Saturday. He scored a goal in regulation and netted a goal in the shootout for good measure. Despite Oshie’s efforts, the Blues still fell to the Western Conference dominating Minnesota Wild. Still, St. Louis is 4-0-2 in the six games since Ken Hitchcock took over behind the bench.
The Blues called up Brett Sterling in the event that Oshie won’t be able to go this week. After playing the Kings at home on Tuesday, they in Pittsburgh on Wednesday, and against the Flames at home on Friday. It doesn’t matter if the Blues are hot: every team can use their entire team when they have to play three games in four nights.
At least the news of Oshie’s injury comes while the team is in the midst of their best hockey streak of the season. It could be worse.
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 0
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 5
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 37
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- Bruins are 7/2 favorites to win the Stanley Cup; Blues next at 6/1 49
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)