Nov 20, 2011, 3:18 PM EDT
Crosby Watch is over and now we can just watch Crosby.
Penguins captain Sidney Crosby will return to action on Monday night against the New York Islanders. It’ll be the first game Crosby has played since January 5 against Tampa Bay with a concussion and for the Penguins, they’ll finally get to see what life is like with a fully healthy and capable lineup. The Penguins’ careful concussion rehab with Crosby is about to pay off.
Crosby rejoins his team with the Penguins sitting tied atop the Eastern Conference with the Flyers and the Pens showing a tougher dedication to defense. Adding Crosby back to the lineup gives the Penguins an offensive lift unlike what any team could add. What will prove to be fascinating is seeing how Sid responds to coming back.
Crosby returns to a Penguins lineup that sees a lot of familiar faces still there but also has a gift awaiting him in the team’s top goal scorer in James Neal. If Crosby returns playing the way he did when he went out last season, Neal and the rest of the Penguins are going to get a huge lift and increases in their stats. Crosby was on a pace steamroll his way to a scoring title before being knocked out of action by Victor Hedman.
Seeing Sid come back in a game against the Islanders in Pittsburgh also sets things up for him to get off to a roaring start given how bad the Islanders have played this season.
Crosby coming back to action now also provides a welcome lift of good news after all the miserable news that’s plagued hockey the last few months. With Alex Ovechkin slumping in Washington, Crosby has the chance to give that superstar spark the Penguins and the league needs.
May 22, 2013, 10:17 AM EDT
If they were, it would add fuel to the speculation that the team might relocate to Quebec City.
May 22, 2013, 9:52 AM EDT
He doesn’t have a goal in eight postseason contests.
May 22, 2013, 9:06 AM EDT
It’s not clear if they will be available on Thursday.
May 22, 2013, 8:02 AM EDT
The match starts at 7:30 p.m. ET.
May 22, 2013, 7:13 AM EDT
Wednesday’s collection of links.
May 22, 2013, 2:59 AM EDT
He was pretty good.
May 22, 2013, 2:23 AM EDT
Series tied 2-2.
May 22, 2013, 1:29 AM EDT
You be the judge.
May 22, 2013, 1:07 AM EDT
An apology was issued.
May 22, 2013, 12:54 AM EDT
Turning into a heck of a series.
May 22, 2013, 12:21 AM EDT
Lots happening in this one. More highlights coming, by the way.
May 21, 2013, 11:26 PM EDT
Been dealing with plenty of traffic in front of him all throughout playoffs.
May 21, 2013, 11:14 PM EDT
Does the league take a look at this?
May 21, 2013, 11:07 PM EDT
Where did this scoring come from?
May 21, 2013, 10:19 PM EDT
The comments are now open.
May 21, 2013, 10:07 PM EDT
Both make their series debuts tonight.
May 21, 2013, 9:13 PM EDT
That’s a long way up to do that.
May 21, 2013, 7:37 PM EDT
This might be getting old to him by now.
May 21, 2013, 6:49 PM EDT
He was banged up roughly in Game 3.
May 21, 2013, 6:08 PM EDT
A 13-percent rise from last year.
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 15
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 23
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 23
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 11
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 80
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 25
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 58
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 89
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (89)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT